Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is Indiana in general behind times when it comes to new cars, let alone specialty vehicles such as the RL, Cobalt SS SC, Srt-4, etc. I'm an SRT owner and absoutely love the way the RL and Cobalt SS look. I want to go for a test drive or even a ride for that matter so bad. Problem is, most places in Indiana could care a less about these cars, so they don't have any or don't even plan on getting any. :mad: I've kicked around the idea of trading in the SRT for one. It really sucks to "live in the middle of butt fucking no where and you got a perty mouth." Just my little rant. If anybody in the Ft. Wayne or even Indy area has got an SS SC or RL, hit me up, cuz I'd really like to go for a drive/ride sometime and check your car out. I'd even be willing to give you some gas money.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
No, don't trade it in for one, I mean I'd say its a better car, but I own one. The three cars are so close that if you've already spent money on one, then just keep it, otherwise I think you're gonna question the $$$ you lost on the trade! Right now our aftermarket is terrible, but seems to be coming along slowly but surely! If you ever traded it in, it should be after the Redlines or Cobalts start coming with serious performance options and aftermarket support, or if you like them that much, screw it! Trade 'er in!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
Robbie, I know what you mean. My view of Indiana is much more generalized. I think the entire damn state sucks ass. My office is in Fort Wayne (which I hate), although I NEVER go there. In 5 years I have been there 6 times, as well as trips to Lafayette (which I hate) and Indy (Also, hate). I went to visit an old service buddy just outside of Lafayette. The directions went like this. "Go down 2 corn fields and make a right. Then another corn field and 3 soy fields and turn left, ...". Like I know what the hell Soy looks like. I live in Detroit. Any state where the residents give directions useing the local crop layout is a state I stay away from.

Anyway next time I'm in Fort Wayne I'll let you know. But I will hate being there.

BTW Spooner is right (can't believe I just said that). I agree with his comments to the letter. Stick with what you got. At least wait until the 06 comes out, or until September when the rebates kick in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sp00ner said:
No, don't trade it in for one, I mean I'd say its a better car, but I own one. The three cars are so close that if you've already spent money on one, then just keep it, otherwise I think you're gonna question the $$$ you lost on the trade! Right now our aftermarket is terrible, but seems to be coming along slowly but surely! If you ever traded it in, it should be after the Redlines or Cobalts start coming with serious performance options and aftermarket support, or if you like them that much, screw it! Trade 'er in!
lol... thanks, spooner... I got a super deal on my SRT and paid $16,000 for it with 3,000 miles on it this past July, so I wouldn't loose too much. I doubt I'll get rid of the SRT, but I'm really itching to actually experience one of your cars. I sat in one at the autoshow in Chicago and really liked the feel. I like the whole 4 door deal so I can haul my buddies real easily in the SRT, but I've always been a coupe kind of guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dipolley said:
Robbie, I know what you mean. My view of Indiana is much more generalized. I think the entire damn state sucks ass. My office is in Fort Wayne (which I hate), although I NEVER go there. In 5 years I have been there 6 times, as well as trips to Lafayette (which I hate) and Indy (Also, hate). I went to visit an old service buddy just outside of Lafayette. The directions went like this. "Go down 2 corn fields and make a right. Then another corn field and 3 soy fields and turn left, ...". Like I know what the hell Soy looks like. I live in Detroit. Any state where the residents give directions useing the local crop layout is a state I stay away from.

Anyway next time I'm in Fort Wayne I'll let you know. But I will hate being there.
Yeah, it's really bad.... I've lived here for all my life and would really like to move out west when I grad. from college. It's probably not going to happen, but it's nice to think about. Yeah, hit me up the next time you're in Ft. Wayne. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
I live in Westfield Indiana and I got my Redline last september from Indy Saturn west Indianapolis and at the time they had about 4 RL in stock in that location and about 5 more between their south and northside location but they went pretty quick as it was $3000 rebate time. I got the $3000 + xtra $1500 in saturn vouchers as a previous saturn owner( wife's 04 VUE V6) so I paid only about $17k for mine killer deal. Is your SRT-4 a blue one as around the same time I bought my redline I saw a blue 04' SRT-4 for sale with only 3k miles for around $16,900 from Peyton Wells and I almost bought that one. Anyway, I understand what you are saying as I have not seen too many RL's around Indy. I think mine and some other dude's black one are the only ones in town but I understand that Indy Saturn has ordered about 3 competition package ones probably have em in the next few months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yianco465 said:
I live in Westfield Indiana and I got my Redline last september from Indy Saturn west Indianapolis and at the time they had about 4 RL in stock in that location and about 5 more between their south and northside location but they went pretty quick as it was $3000 rebate time. I got the $3000 + xtra $1500 in saturn vouchers as a previous saturn owner( wife's 04 VUE V6) so I paid only about $17k for mine killer deal. Is your SRT-4 a blue one as around the same time I bought my redline I saw a blue 04' SRT-4 for sale with only 3k miles for around $16,900 from Peyton Wells and I almost bought that one. Anyway, I understand what you are saying as I have not seen too many RL's around Indy. I think mine and some other dude's black one are the only ones in town but I understand that Indy Saturn has ordered about 3 competition package ones probably have em in the next few months.
I don't get to Indy very often. I go to school @ Ball State and spend my summers back in Warsaw. I may have to make a journey down to Indy Saturn sometime to see if I can go for a test drive. My SRT is red, so it wasn't me that you saw. There's a hand full of SRTs runnin' around Indy though. There's a guy named Bobby that just recently bought a yellow Stage 3 with black racings stripes. Just thought I'd give you a heads up in case you run in to him on the street/strip. :cool: If you're ever in the Muncie area for some reason and got some extra time, look me up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Im From Ft. Wayne

Hey I Actually Live A Couple Miles South Of Fort Wayne But I Work In Ft. Wayne. I Own A Redline Just Bought It At The End Of December. I Work At Tom Kelleys Pontiac And Bought My Redline From Tom Kelley Saturn. I Got Fat Discounts On It. Saturn Here In Ft. Wayne Has A Couple Of Rl's So Hit Me Up If U Want To Drive One.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
robbie8302 said:
Is it just me or is Indiana in general behind times when it comes to new cars, let alone specialty vehicles such as the RL, Cobalt SS SC, Srt-4, etc. I'm an SRT owner and absoutely love the way the RL and Cobalt SS look. I want to go for a test drive or even a ride for that matter so bad. Problem is, most places in Indiana could care a less about these cars, so they don't have any or don't even plan on getting any. :mad: I've kicked around the idea of trading in the SRT for one. It really sucks to "live in the middle of butt fucking no where and you got a perty mouth." Just my little rant. If anybody in the Ft. Wayne or even Indy area has got an SS SC or RL, hit me up, cuz I'd really like to go for a drive/ride sometime and check your car out. I'd even be willing to give you some gas money.
You can start your search on line.

Go here and start by locating a dealer (I plugged in Fort Wayne, IN), next pick a dealer, then the next screen asks if you want to locate a car. I just tried Saturn of Findley, and found a 2005 Chili Pepper Red ION for $23,170.

PS: You can even schedule a test drive on-line (look for link at the bottom).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
hey, yeah the snow, and winters suck here but everyone is making indiana to be the midwests alabama. anyway i live here in fortwayne and have had my RL since late august and love it. My brother also has an srt-4. just my 2 cents unless you want to loose a bit of money i would keep the srt-4. if you ever want to chill around fort wayne hit me up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, guys. I actually have family that live in Ft. Wayne, so I get up there at least once or twice a month. What's your name, cpriv04, so the next time I'm in town, I'll stop by Tom Kelly and ask for you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I stopped by the Chevy dealership in Lafayette on Saturday because I saw their Cobalt SS sitting out front. I told the guy I was very interested in trading my SRT in on one, and he would hardly even let me sit in it! Granted there are only 3 in the state right now(supposedly), they're not corvettes or vipers for goodness sake! He gave me some crap about chevy not allowing them to give out test drives unless they have a deposit for an order. :mad: Looks like I'll have to find a redline to drive. Oh well, hopefully they'll loosen up on that in the next few months or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cpriv04 said:
My Name Is Corey And I Manage The Lot Here?
Awesome, thanks Corey, I really appreciate it! I'll definitely be by sometime in the near future to check out a RL. Where exactly is kelly saturn at in Ft. Wayne? I know where the Chevy dealer is down by Northside park.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
robbie8302, a buudy of mine that sells cars for Pedigo Chevrolet in Indianapolis has two Cobalt SS in stock a black and a yellow one his name is Rafael and you can contact him at (317) 698-9332 I let him know to let you test drive one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
It is in West 38th street close to 38th and Lafayette Rd. If you are coming from West 465 take the lafayette Rd exit and take a left a the light or if you are coming from I-65 take the 38th street exit it is right across from hooters. this is in Indianapolis.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top