Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone else have their inside hood release lever break loose, or pop off, or something like that?

mine seems to be hanging loose
still seems to work though.
but it's not attached to the side of the car anymore....

doh!
it just popped out of its little plastic support!

it's all back in place now

·
Registered
220 Posts
I see it all the time on regular Ions.. Redline is, I'm 99% sure, exactly the same hood latch, cable, lever setup. The handle will pop back into place with minor effort, it just clips in. Sometime the problem is more serious, causing the cable to bind up and prevent the lever from working at all. ( You can still reach under the car and pull the cable itself inthis situation. The cable binding is caused in some instances by water trickling down the entire cable. You can prevent this by disconnecting the cable at the latch, re routing it over the radiator support, and reconnecting so that it meets the latch at an upward angle. Saturn also has an updated part, not sure on a TSB, but we fix them all the time.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
dam all you nice dealerships, i still need to get my recall done on my car, and now that i have the alcky injection kit, tq brace, and soon to have a new intake i have a feeling that its gonna be fun convincing any dealership to do it :cool:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not 100% nice... I reattach levers as I see them.. takes 2 seconds. Cable replacements only by request.. funny how most people will let it slide for a long time. Still amazes me that some people NEVER open the hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts