Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Sorry if this has been covered or in the wrong section but I have been searching for a while and not seen anything

I had bought my car a bit over a year ago and it did not have the factory shift knob or collar therefore it is a pain to get into 5th. Anyways I'm sick of it and was wondering what parts are needed and if there is a cheap way to install a lockout because I do not want to spend 200 on a short shifter and haven't found any factory ones. Any advice would be great! Thanks all

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
buy a factory shifter and boot. The reverse lockout just hits a piece of plastic so it doesn't go to far to the right. It's really not that hard to hit 5th, sounds like you need driver mod

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no issues hitting 5th, but if anyone else drives it then I have to explain about how to find it or thinks something is wrong if I'm not in the car. Also I may be selling it and think it would be easier if everything worked like original.

·
Registered
758 Posts
check the for sales thread. burninginflames is parting out his car and so are some others check there. having problems with your shift assembly shouldnt make want to sell it get it fixed and enjoy your car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses guys Ill check out those threads for sure. The shifter isn't the reason for selling, Im about to graduate and some bills have come up so I figured it might be easier to sell if that was back to factory which is why I was hoping there was a cheap way to do it.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well selling the car may not be an issue now. Turns out my dad might buy the car off me, he has a 03 Ion 3 sedan with around 190k on it that he bought new so that would then go to my 17 year old brother, which will be nice to have the RL around still.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts