Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my amp on my old car before but i had an aftermarket head unit so i didn't run a switch to the amp because i used the remote power (the thin blue wire that connects to the power antenna). Now on my RL i have the oem head unit so i am goin to have to use a switch. The problem is that i dont know how to hook one up. I dont know what wires connect to the back of the switch. If any one knows which ones to connect please let me know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
use the fuse box under the dash. Tap into the fuse for the power windows. Itll turn it on with the car. And itll keep it on as long as the radio.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What color is the wire for the power window that i would tap into. If you could take pics or tell me where to find the fuse for the windows it would really help thanks.

·
Registered
762 Posts
You guys are installing amps and subs on the stock head unit? What are you using for audio source?

·
I
7,838 Posts
BoKaThUg1 said:
What color is the wire for the power window that i would tap into. If you could take pics or tell me where to find the fuse for the windows it would really help thanks.
Are you going for power? What exactly are you trying to do?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yea there looking for power, I just wanna know how you guys are getting the bass

·
Registered
762 Posts
Someone tell me where you are getting the audio from? Does our cars deck have pre outs or something?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No our cars dont have pre outs you have to buy a hi/low impedence adaptor (got mine of ebay for like $10 with shipping). It has 2 pairs of wires that hook up to the wires that power the speakers. If you need more info let me know.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Can I pick them up at a local like radio shack or something I may wanna do this tomorrow but I don't wanna wait for shippin haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts