Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I bought a pillar dual gauge pod for my RL off ebay. I should get it tommorow or on friday. I'll take pics and show you guys how it looks. I have two gauges (autometer ultra-lite boost gauge and autometer ultra-lite A/F gauge. This seems pretty lame, but where do I run the wires in the interior compartment and where do I tap into in the engine bay?!? What's the easiest way to run it from the engine to the interior?! Anything I should know? Anywhere that's the easiest to run the wires? Do I need to drill? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
you better.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
There's a few spots to run just something that small. I went up and to the left of the pedals, slightly behind the carpet. There's a big black 'plug' around some of the harnesses, I popped a hole in the plug and pushed the wires through the the engine bay.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
goofyguy said:
you better.
thanks for the great pointers goofyguy!! :p

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no really, give me some more pointers.

So Spooner, do you have a gauge pillar pod? Where are your gauges mounted? I'm looking to do the cleanest job possible. I dont want wires running all around my feet.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
its not that hard of an install man you will have to drill a hole in the pillar, run the wires down behind where that odd fold out thing is, under where you dimmer switch is and than find a hole out into the engine bay. you should not have much of a problem with hiding everything just use zip ties to make it look clean. and remeber the words of the great GOOFYGUY

goofyguy said:
you better.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
navymitch12 said:
its not that hard of an install man you will have to drill a hole in the pillar, run the wires down behind where that odd fold out thing is, under where you dimmer switch is and than find a hole out into the engine bay. you should not have much of a problem with hiding everything just use zip ties to make it look clean. and remeber the words of the great GOOFYGUY

fold thing? What fold thing? someone should make a how-to about this so it would make my life oh so much easier!

·
Registered
943 Posts
He's talking about that small little box that opens up, just above your left kne when you are sitting in the car, the little opening storage cubby. Dis you get the pod yet? How does it look? OEM Look to it?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No i didnt get it yet, I should get it tommorow..

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
thank you Kirtsky i knew what i ment, but dl_rl it is really not that hard just run some wires and hide them as good as you can, if you want i can take you a pic of mine but there are like 10 other things going on down there that get in the way (aftermarket things) and more like 2, but if u run the wires down the pillar(behind it) and than there is a hole in the dash behind the pillar, feed the wires through that, down to under the dash(take out the fold cubby(squezze the top and pull)) you can get in better and than run the wires to the engine bay and the power source of your choice. i will get you some better instructions if these will not do but it is really not that hard to hid the wires under the dash.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
navymitch, I need some instructions. I've never hooked up gauges on my own and I think it's time I learn. I dont want to pay anyone to do anything I can do anymore..

I'm going to have a boost gauge and A/F gauge. I know I can tap the boost solienoid hose for the boost gauge reading. A/F gauge, where the hell would I go for that one? Power source to light those suckers up? confused?

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
you have to tap into the o2 sensor b4 the cat. its a purple wire that leads to the ecu. at least thats what spooner told me. too bad your in san fran or i would say come up to sac today and we can install both at the same time i just got mine today too.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i dont even know what half these parts are?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
guys

pclear was right on the o2 sensor thing its a purple wire comming off the o2 sensor

and the boost gauge needs power, and vac line that you need to tap into is the one that comes out from between the SC/and the head and goes to the contorller thing.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
well 1st thanks but i gotta give the credit to spooner, but 2nd what the hell are you talking about the thinggy ma bob between the hochy majiger???

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
get a metel coat hanger, poke a hole through a gromet with its one end, and slide the vacumn line you want in your engine bay around the hanger, and push until its very snug. push through, and your home free.

use a good t fitting and make sure everything is very tight, and finish with zip ties on every connection just to be sure.

keith-

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i am sorry i dont know how to spell very well, its the one that comes out of the engine from above the Super Charger.

that is the one that you will need to tap into for the boost gauge

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
what type of t fitting am i gonna need. i wanna do this here in like an hr or two and i need to get all the stuff when i go to Home Depot. also what is up with these two u brackets and two other fittings?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Actually, I said that I THINK you can tap the wire from the O2 sensor... *** said not to do it right by the sensor though. I think. Not totally sure.

Make sure that when you do the boost gauge, that you install the 'T' fitting BEFORE the solenoid! Trust me. You want it on the line that comes from the manifold and goes to the solenoid, not the solenoid to blower section. If you tap that one, all you will see is vacuum.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
any one have a god forsakin picture?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts