Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a LCD Monitor and a DVD Player (Seperate from the LCD monitor). i ran the power and ground wire right to the battery and hooked it right up to the battery it works fine goes on and off with ease, but when i turn the car on i can hear a winning noise coming from the speakers in the monitor i have concluded that its the sound of the alternator. I was wondering if anyone else has installed any monitors or dvd players and if so where did u connect it to get power and does ne one know how i can get rid of the winning noise. Thanks

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Did you check all your ground wire connections?

Usually whining in the speakers is from a bad ground connection.

Oh...and I want to see some pics. :D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have it grounded to a metal braket that is right next to the battery. if ne one looks in the trunk they can see what im talking about. Plus i dont think its a problem with the grounding cause it did the same thing when it was hooked up in my last car.

·
I
7,838 Posts
What are you trying to ground? There are many ways you can hook it up, instead of running everything to the battery, you could run it to a switched source. For instance the cigarette lighter. There is one out of the two that has power all the time. Do you want it to run while the car is off and no key in the ignition or do you want it to run only when the car is on? And how did the box go in (if you are the one that asked about the RCA inputs)?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took Some Pictures Of The Goodies! I am the one who asked bout the RCA plugs btw, i bought the adaptor of ebay and im waiting for it to come so i havent had a chane to install any of my subs or amp yet. How would i hook it up to the ciggerete lighter because it doesnt have the plug to plug into that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Make sure all your grounds end at the same point. It seems odd but in newer cars all the grounds have to be in the same location. This is the same when you add multiple amps, crossovers, and so on.

·
I
7,838 Posts
So then i take it that you want to hook it up to a switched source, meaning that you only want it to play when the car is on. Does it come with an inline fuse? If so, just match up the current rating on that fuse to a run of wire on the inside of the car that also runs on that same rating. For the cigarette lighter all you would have to do is splice into the pos and neg wires on the inside. There are two of them, one supplies power all the time and the other only when the car is on. You just figure out which one you want to hook it up to. PM for more.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all4glh i get what your saying ill try it out and let you know how it goes. Thanks for all the help bro.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Whining is usually caused by bad grounding, however I have seen it caused by the Engine not being grounded. The whine is actually the sparkplug wires. You'll hear it get higher and lower when revving the engine.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah it does go higher and lower with the the reving of the engine. how much does an inline noise filter coast and where can u get them. thanks guys

·
Registered
187 Posts
why did you put the monitors in like that instead of installing them in the head rests??

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yea, I think it looks a lot nicer if its installed IN the headrest. I have a question related to this how about those premade headrest anyone try them yet and how do the freakin work? Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts