Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok you all prob know by now I have short ram intakes for sale.

http://www.geocities.com/korax234

but....For everone that likes cheap performance(even cheaper then what i have now)

Would it help to replace the stock rubber intake from the throttle body to the top of the box with a 3" mandrel bend pipe same as my intakes. I smooth out the intakes on the inside best i can. And then put a high flow filter. inside the box.

Then the filter will stay pretty darn clean almost forever and its washable anyways. Metal is smoother then rubber so the air would flow faster (sounds good in my head)

Any inputs i can prob sell the metal pipe with a fitting for the hose in the back, and the 2 rubber connectors pretty cheap. Like less then $75

Anyone think it will help at all??? My airbox is already out but if a few people would like this then i can put it back in and fab up everything.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
that's what i was going to do originally, it'd be better than a short ram IMHO, especially with a nice filter

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
If I still have the car I will buy one like that.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
goofyguy said:
If I still have the car I will buy one like that.
Why might you get rid of it????

If i sell 2 other short rams that I have I can start messing with this idea.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
USMC i will most likely leave in 5 months if the car is sizold.

·
Registered
146 Posts
So let me get this straight. Everything from the airbox to the supercharger is replaced with your metal piping? What real benefit is there there? I'm a little lost on this one.

Later,
Chrome...

Ah, I re-read it. I understand now. I'd be willing to do some testing on it if you decide to go for it. Sounds like a good idea to me. I don't have a dyno readily available. But the Butt-O-Meter is always handy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hmmm... sounds like it might work to smooth out the power a little. I'd be interested to see one in action.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts