Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
AEM is looking for a both a 2005 Saturn Ion Redline for intake system development. The vehicle must be located in the Los Angeles Area, and must have the stock intake. Testing should take no longer then 1/2 a day and transportation arrangements can be made if necessary. In exchange for your assistance AEM will provide you with a free AEM intake system. AEM is fully insured and while your vehicle is in our possession it is fully protected. Information on AEM can be found on our web site at: www.aempower.com Please e-mail any responses or questions to [email protected]

Thank You,
Andrew Flores

·
Registered
74 Posts
I thought if AEM makes a short ram for a car that means that a CAI proved to have the same IAT efficiency as the short ram therefore being sensless to make a CAI if they were the same performance wise. Is that true???? I thought I read that on the AEM website.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
maybe they want to make a v2?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Or maybe they said that to sell the short ram... marketing people, marketing... who knows... that's the same thing I thought of though. I mean, what else do you say when everyone wants a CAI and you're making a short ram...

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
did you notice how there is no vendor sign under it, do we know if their really from aem? i mean who knows any one can put down a name. :confused:

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
AEM wouldn't be a vendor... since we're linked from GM's tuner site, it's not that much of a stretch...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ummmm, anyone think it might actually be an Intake Manifold? not just the inlet tubing?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I would think you'd need longer than 1/2 a day for testing and installing an intake manifold... I bet it's a CAI... I hope it's something better.... wait intake manifold? Do we even really HAVE an intake manifold?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think we do, I mean it would havta direct air flow into the cylinders right? Maybe a bigger throttle body? I can't see them testing out somthing which doesn't really benifit over the CAI, right??

·
Registered
367 Posts
God i wish i'd rebuilt one of these motors so i'd know. I *do* know on V-8's there is still an intake manifold, and seeing as where the exhaust manifold attaches to our car, i dont think the cylinder head is THAT wide, (like the width of the motor) so my guess is there is an intake manifold, and generally on forced vehicles there *are* gains to be found by hogging out/making intake manifolds as large as possible, and as smooth as possible... this would be sweet if AEM were doing an actual manifold, it would place us on the way to more and more mods, like real exhaust manifolds, as well as the possibility of cylinder heads, and valvetrain mods (larger valves, bigger cams) yadda yadda ...

On a side note... i dont actually think they are talking about a manifold.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I should have phrased that better...

I know that we have an intake manifold... I just don't think it's a normal intake manifold. At least not one that I'm used to seeing. Plus, there's VERY little to be gained on the intake side, since it's using the intake manifold as a complicated air reserve.

Clownhair would know for sure, he had the blower apart, there's even some pics of his install up around here... should show a good view of the intake area...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I was told by Jim at Full Motion Motorsports the he smoothed out the supercharger and manifold. He reported some good gains out of it and that it was in dire need of it. Could be a cheap mod to do yourself.

·
Registered
366 Posts
but our S/C are 2 peice. manifold and charger bolted to the top

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
hey
It'd be pretty hard to have an email addy like [email protected] and NOT have this being anything but a legitimate request for "mules". It very likely IS a full CAI- nobody likes to see their competition (K&N) have product that they don't.
I suggest someone in Cali take them up on their offer.
Mailmars??
WOT

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
sorry was asked to delete my posts by whom i can not say at this time sorry

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The chances of it being an intake manifold are slim to none - it'd take half a day to get at the intake manifold. Plus, our intercoolers are integrated into said manifold . . . probably just a CAI. Anywho, if they do make a CAI chances are it'll cost less than K&N's, so I'd be willing to try it if I weren't 2456 miles from California at present.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i just hope they go the extra route and do the v2, too bad weapon r's is only a short ram. isn't it bigger than 3" with the velocity tube running in the center?

AEM's got the cash to one up anyone that's got something out right now...

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Instead of playing the gussing game with products, why don't one of you all e-mail him and find out exactly what product they want to design?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts