Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so now there seems to be quite a few intakes out for the redline. Prices have gone done a little bit and now im trying to figure out which one i should get. I belive my choices are K&N, AEM, WeaponR, and some personally made ones. Let me know what you guys think i should go with. Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
K&N is good but mine always comes loose at the lower mount:(

·
Registered
535 Posts
I just put my K&N on yesterday and so far, I like it.

Little Red, where is it coming off? Are the pipes seperating or are they coming off mount points?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mount Points.:( Put Lock Tight On Them So Will See.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
aem has always made quality stuff, i think they make some great intakes. even weapon r: makes some great intakes. some of thier other stuff is questionable but for intakes they are really good. you will make very similar hp figures with all of these dont let companies dyno figures misleed you in your desicion. pick one and go with it. just really have to decide whether you want cold air or short ram.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
if the only reason you have to nto get the cold air is hydrolocking, K&N made a great intake. no way anyone is going to hydrolock this unless the get into water almost as high as the throttle body, which would likely hydrolock the short ram system before the cold air.

i have to put my money on the K&N, especially if you have the airbox removed you'll know what i mean, having the filter next to the tranny was no good, and i think the stock tube is too short, and gave me a jerky feeling when letting off the throttle, with K&N intalled, she runs smoother than ever!

go K&N

·
Registered
808 Posts
Vita said:
if the only reason you have to nto get the cold air is hydrolocking, K&N made a great intake. no way anyone is going to hydrolock this unless the get into water almost as high as the throttle body, which would likely hydrolock the short ram system before the cold air.

i have to put my money on the K&N, especially if you have the airbox removed you'll know what i mean, having the filter next to the tranny was no good, and i think the stock tube is too short, and gave me a jerky feeling when letting off the throttle, with K&N intalled, she runs smoother than ever!

go K&N
Isnt the filter on the k/n down in front of the wheel?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
no it goes up into the fenderwell, higher than any of the lugnuts that's for sure. it's pretty high in there

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
John said:
Isnt the filter on the k/n down in front of the wheel?
Its actually in the fender above the wheel. You have to remember that the fender has that liner so in order to get water in there it would be damn near impossible. And if you have ever seen where the stock air tube goes into the fender, the K & N actually goes higher up into the fender.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
jeepin79 said:
Its actually in the fender above the wheel. You have to remember that the fender has that liner so in order to get water in there it would be damn near impossible. And if you have ever seen where the stock air tube goes into the fender, the K & N actually goes higher up into the fender.
you are correct, and on top of that, theyprovide the Drycharger with the kit as well. good stuff.

·
Registered
808 Posts
well that might change my mind.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's 10:55 AM right now and I've been at the dealer since 8:00 AM :eek: . They are charging me for 1.5 Hrs of labor and I'm also getting the window tint scratch problem fixed. Installation at the dealer costs $111.00. I bought the K&N CAI online for $250. Reason I'm here is so they can say $#IT if I want some warrenty work done. So far so good... can't wait to hear it whinnnnneee! :D

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
John said:
well that might change my mind.
i hope so, if you can hydrolock with this intake, you REALLY like to go through some DEEP puddles, more like you're trying to offroad in a sportscar

·
Registered
808 Posts
Vita said:
i hope so, if you can hydrolock with this intake, you REALLY like to go through some DEEP puddles, more like you're trying to offroad in a sportscar
ON road around here bud, yesterday alot of the streets around here had 6 to 12 inches of water on them.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i'd try not to drive on those either way, but with the K&N you wouldn't have hydrolocked if the stock setup didn't

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
John said:
ON road around here bud, yesterday alot of the streets around here had 6 to 12 inches of water on them.
I still think you are ok. The K&N is further up in the fender than the stock one. Plus they are both pretty well sealed in the fender because of all the plastic fender liners that are there. I can see where a little water could get in the fender but not nearly enough to get to the K&N filter.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You guys really have to see what it takes for that. I see some of the same people that are interested in water/alky injection worried about a CAI. You pretty much have to submerge the hood to suck in water. You'll be fine...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Smurf said:
just got my K&N today.......now I gotta figure out how to put this damn thing on
just follow the directions and you'll be fine

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Smurf said:
just got my K&N today.......now I gotta figure out how to put this damn thing on
Its not bad, just take your time, I rushed a little and had to go back and fix a couple things. It took me about 2 hours.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts