Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

161 - 180 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
the car is stock and I'm not sure how long the pump was out but I'm wondering if I could have done some damage to the car running without the pump? My engine temp never seemed to go up above normal bit Im sure my iat's were pretty high. I figured it would just make unefficiant boost and I might have had a loss In power but that It wasn't gunna cause my engine to blow!!!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
the car is stock and I'm not sure how long the pump was out but I'm wondering if I could have done some damage to the car running without the pump? My engine temp never seemed to go up above normal bit Im sure my iat's were pretty high. I figured it would just make unefficiant boost and I might have had a loss In power but that It wasn't gunna cause my engine to blow!!!
your motor is safe it is protected it just slows down when the iats get high and the pcm pulls spark to protect it.

10,144 Posts
you will wanna change it however, it's a simple swap if you got any q's pm me i get tons of help from guys on here so if it's something i know how to do i'm more than glad.

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
IC pump is simple to install if done the right way. Theres a few ways to get it out. And there cheap online place to get the pump.

Once u learn how to do shit ull love everything about working on the LSJ.

·
Registered
245 Posts
This is crazy! I was bored at work one day so I decided to read some posts in different areas. And I came across this thread. So it got me thinking maybe I should take a look considering I have a 04. And no shit! Its backwards! I just fixed the wires, but how do you know if the pump is working correctly? It sounds like it could be making noise, but the engine is right there, and I tried to feel it and of course the engine is vibrating.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Check your filler neck for the SC(front of motor next to SC). If the fluid is moving, you should be ok. If not then the pump is shot. That answer might actually be in this thread somewhere near the beginning.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Get the **** outta here. Can you actually see the fluid moving?? Cuz I didnt see it flowing. WTF!

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
The plastic tee type filler neck should show an orange-ish antifreeze fluid in it. It should kinda churn when the pump is running. If that ain't working, you need another pump.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
That I can't help you with. I just had mine replaced, however, under warranty. The pump from a Ford Cobra and Lightning is the same one. It's a Bosch pump. You can try searching Feebay. You're getting a good deal if you get it under $100. Saturn charges $300-500 for the same pump.

·
Registered
245 Posts
WOW this couldnt have come at a better time! Thanks for the info man!

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
I sense some level of sarcasm about it coming at such a good time? No? Lol. Hope it helps. There are a couple people on here that have replaced their pumps and know where there are good places to find them at. Maybe someone else will chime in soon.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I sense some level of sarcasm about it coming at such a good time? No? Lol. Hope it helps. There are a couple people on here that have replaced their pumps and know where there are good places to find them at. Maybe someone else will chime in soon.
yeah man, I have a Stage 3 kit from ZZP on the way. And without that pump, I guess you could that kit would fail with no cooling.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Kit won't fail, just won't see it's potential as your car will pull timing to keep from overheating. You need to replace that pump. Should be relatively easy to do in front of your house with basic tools as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
quick question could i just cut the two wires and then flip them..butt connect them and tape em so i dont have to get a tool or w/e

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
does this connector just switch around or do you have to cut and rewire?
The connector only fits one way and it has a thin metal ring clamp to hold it on the pump.

Take a paper clip and push out the 2 wires from the inside of the connector and then re insert them into the oppisite spot u pulled them out from and then connect back and put the metal clamp thing back on and ur done OR at least check to see if ur pump is working and not dead already.

161 - 180 of 203 Posts