Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there is a lot of talk about the M62 not making any more boost than what it does now. Don't let Magnuson tell you there isn't any more there. If the Grand Prix community had believed that we wouldn't be ruuning the 11's, 12's, and 13's we have been running.

I have a connection that I proposed a question to. I asked about his interest in adding the Redline's M62 to his P/P lineup. He has already done some research on the SC and say there is some potential for more but can't be certain how much without an SC on hand.

Understanding the Redline is DBW I proposed a the solution of adapting the L32 72mm TB to the M62 once the SC housing inlet has been opened up. Assuming they will swap in. If not he does make adapters so that shouldn't be an issue. The only possible issue is how to correctly add the L32 MAF tables to the Redline's PCM... I am working this as well.

I imagine that the M62 wont make much more that 13-14 without a good P/P. This is only speculation at this point.

What we need is a M62! Preferably off a totaled Redline. I saw there was one a little while ago but I am just testing the waters to check interest.

Please respond if this sounds good!

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
sounds good to me, i'm sure plenty of people will be interested, considering that the cobalt will be using the same blower/tb, i'm sure it would be well worth the time invested for your connection, especially to get in on it so early that when the Cobalt first comes out, people will go right to him for their business, thus creating more interest in the car and sprouting more products as an effect of this. good stuff i say :D

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To give you guys an idea of potential. I had my M90 P/P and had to increase pulley size due to the added boost recaptured after the P/P and larger TB. I went from a stock M90 and stock 72mm TB to a P/P M90 and and a 75mm LS1 TB and picked up between 2 and 3.5 PSI.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
sounds good to me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts