Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to improve the look of the interior? I would like to find some way to make the dash darker...I wish Saturn had made the dash black...also it looks like that one of the plastic parts of the dash is coming undone. I feel like I'm riding in a really cheap interior sometimes and I want to do something about it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, here is what I would kinda like to do, but I want some opinions first. First of all, I don't know how hard or easy this would be, but I would like to paint some parts of the dash black. I've put arrows on the pic below to show where I would paint it. Maybe it's a good idea, maybe it's not. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
The silver part arond the stereo can be black. Talk to your Saturn parts guy and ask fim for the black one that is on the Ion 1, 2 sedan. It's not available for the QC but it's the same fit. I'm getting one.

·
Registered
762 Posts
SMS also sells a kit with all sorts of color options. I am thinkin about getting one down the line after I get my go fast parts :) I was lookin at the Blue Kevlar Carbon Fiber I believe it is called.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You can paint just about any plastic part on the interior of your car as long as you use a etching primer after you scuff/sand the parts that you want to paint

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'd like to buy one of those dash kits too but they are so damn expensive. I painted the interior on my last car and it looked good for a long time, but after a while the paint started to fade from the sun or something.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i painted the interior on my redline. i used dupli-color vinyl and fabric i think it was called it turned out pretty good. its a good idea if you dont want to spend the chunk of change for a trim kit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts