Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 and was wondering if any other shafts could swap in, auto or manual. Might need to go to the junkyard to find one just don't know how broad my search can be. I know the 04 has a different speed sensor gear but that's all I know rn. TIA

·
Super Moderator
1,614 Posts
I know the 05+ and the saab 9-3 with the 2.0 manual trans will fit. Dont know about the sensor though

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw one yard has a qc with a 2.2 and 5 speed but idk if its the same trans or not. I would imagine it is but idk.

·
Super Moderator
1,614 Posts
No sir. The 2.2 uses an f23 trans with different axles. Redline uses an f35 trans

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I figured. Luckily I was able to separate the two yesterday. Man that was a bear but it's done and now I have new zzp stage 1 axles in there.

·
Super Moderator
1,614 Posts
Sweet! How you like em?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like em. Didn't fix the issue I'm having but did seem less clunky than the old axles. I'm thinking I need a new unit bearing instead. But now I have new upgraded axles so oh well.

·
Super Moderator
1,614 Posts
If you have access to a press, they still make the bearings for the saab half shaft. But the ion/cobalt ones were discontinued. Weird. But it's the same part

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That bearing seemed pretty nice and tight. Not sure it could be the culprit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts