Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my bearings and bracket today from Original GM Auto parts and wondering, do I need a press to put the bearing on this part of the shaft? The old one is gone an inside of bracket is wore out where bearings were. Maybe it will go on? Bound to be some grooves in shaft from bracket rubbing but...the press I have access to is 5 miles away from my car making it (a) more difficult to add injury to shaft and (b) trying my patience since the press isn't mine I have to wait till owner is available.

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
Yes sir it needs to be pressed in. May have some luck freezing it and using a BFH

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir it needs to be pressed in. May have some luck freezing it and using a BFH
Is that big F-ing hammer? Freezing the shaft or the bearing? And on another note is it goalie-mo? Like your a hockie goalie named mo?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And how do I get the big end off that the cv joint slides into? Going the other way with the inside of the old bearing means going over the flared section of shaft, towards transmission, wich I doubt will fit.

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
Yes. A big hammer. Haha
Also yes, I was a goalie for many years when I played hockey, and my nickname was mo.

The axle end slides into the hub and the intermediate shaft. The intermediate shaft slides into the trans. If it feels stuck could use a giant pry bar to pop it out

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. A big hammer. Haha
Also yes, I was a goalie for many years when I played hockey, and my nickname was mo.

The axle end slides into the hub and the intermediate shaft. The intermediate shaft slides into the trans. If it feels stuck could use a giant pry bar to pop it out
Thanks guys I got it all taken care of a little while ago forgot to post an update it's slid right out of the transmission real easy like the bearing went on with a Little help from a heat gun and that's it no press needed. @goaliemo Texas hockey? I guess I never really imagined Texans would play hockey. Lol. Unless of course you lived in another state at the time

·
Super Moderator
1,445 Posts
Thanks guys I got it all taken care of a little while ago forgot to post an update it's slid right out of the transmission real easy like the bearing went on with a Little help from a heat gun and that's it no press needed. @goaliemo Texas hockey? I guess I never really imagined Texans would play hockey. Lol. Unless of course you lived in another state at the time
Sweet! Glad to hear!

And yes. Im originally from new York. Played there. And Louisiana for a while when I lived there

Reactions: Aapoo
1 - 8 of 8 Posts