Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Name is Josh, active duty military stationed down in Los Angeles for the time being. I am a Computer / Network tech by trade and amateur car enthusiast by hobby. My wife and I recently added to our Saturn family with an '04 Ion Redline. This is in addition to our '91 MR2, '99 SC2, '00 SC2, and '03 Vue. The Coupes and Redline are our toys, the MR2 is a restoration in progress, and the Vue is the family wagon.

I tend to lurk more than post as I'm here to learn more than spout random advice from an amateur.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
yes welcome sir. you will learn alot just from reading, but if you have questions search and then post. pm's are welcome to many of the members as well.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome.

P.S. Off subject but what motor are you going to put in your MR-2? (Toyota's have always held a special place in my hart. The first car I ever bought myself was a 94 Celica, I loved that car.)

·
Registered
517 Posts
what goin on.... whats done to your coupes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
My coupe, the '99, is on cardomain here and my wifes is going in the same direction just a lil less complete. I just picked up a pair of the Geo Storm GSI throttlebodies and the dual intake cam parts as well. I was just looking into the 'deebs' build in addition to these other things because my engine is starting to leak / consume large quantities of oil and its time for a rebuild anyway.

long range goals are a lil nuts and i dont have a timeframe for them yet, but i'll happily be sharing them when i've reached them.

the vue is bone stock and the MR2 is stripped to bare frame currently. unfortunately for me my base didn't like the idea of me storing a project car on base and required me to ship it somewhere else, so its sitting in kansas in a billion pieces.

we've been saturn nuts for quite awhile now. i hope the recent changes in ownership for saturn will allow them to be their own company again instead of the GM imitation they'd become.

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
hey man, welcome! active duty ftw!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts