Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys might already know about this but I was flippin thru the channels and the Travel channel had a muscle car show talkin mainly about the old school 60's-70's muscle cars, and then at the end of the show they talked about modern/future muscle cars and the featured car was a fuckin ION on steroids! Here's a few of the specs on it that found thru a search this mornin

the saturn ion bonneville uses stock block bored and shorter stroke.. stock head i believe... 10.4:1 compression and makes 700+hp = 225mph! :D

Here's a link with more info and a pic, an ION with a chute!
http://www.trucktrend.com/autoshows/coverage/112_0311_sema/index6.html#4

·
Registered
141 Posts
BeRad said:
You guys might already know about this but I was flippin thru the channels and the Travel channel had a muscle car show talkin mainly about the old school 60's-70's muscle cars, and then at the end of the show they talked about modern/future muscle cars and the featured car was a fuckin ION on steroids! Here's a few of the specs on it that found thru a search this mornin

the saturn ion bonneville uses stock block bored and shorter stroke.. stock head i believe... 10.4:1 compression and makes 700+hp = 225mph! :D

Here's a link with more info and a pic, an ION with a chute!
http://www.trucktrend.com/autoshows/coverage/112_0311_sema/index6.html#4

YourLink said:
To help enthusiasts with their horsepower pursuits, GM has just released the "Ecotec Engine Handbook" available through local dealerships.
I think I might be needing to get that handbook....

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Nope, the Cobalt's run could not be used as a legal time, since there were no production Cobalt SSs on the road. They have to come back and run again. The rules say that the car must be in production, and must be on the road, to qualify. The Cobalt will set the new record though...

·
Registered
138 Posts
yeah i saw that a while ago a chick drove it....it was the show full throttle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts