Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. i have a 1998 saturn sc2 and i was wonderin if it was at all possible to drop a redline engine in it, and if so, where could i get one? thanks!!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
98saturnSC said:
hey guys.. i have a 1998 saturn sc2 and i was wonderin if it was at all possible to drop a redline engine in it, and if so, where could i get one? thanks!!
you can get it as a crate engine from GM perormance parts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
98saturnSC said:
Anything is possible if you have the money to do it... I think there would be quite a bit of fabrication involved there.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I would think for what you pay for the whole thing it may be easier and more cost effective to just buy a Redline.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
i might go with the 2.2 much cheaper and do a full turbo on it. if you want more power youll have to open up both motors eventually anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
for one the motor mounts are going to be hard as hell. I have seen the 2 and man thats crap. And for the comp and wiring.

·
Registered
155 Posts
goofyguy said:
for one the motor mounts are going to be hard as hell. I have seen the 2 and man thats crap. And for the comp and wiring.
axles.. way more trouble than it's worth. Unless you just want to be the guy who says.. "I have an Ecotech in my s-series"

Josh

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I think rigging somethink up for power steering might be a pain since the Ion doesn't use a hydrolic pump.

The hell with it you don't need no stinking power steering :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
max_boost said:
I think rigging somethink up for power steering might be a pain since the Ion doesn't use a hydrolic pump.

The hell with it you don't need no stinking power steering :)

hell no i've had no power steering it sucks ass man.

·
Registered
629 Posts
weld , weld , weld i was thinking the same thing ?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
It would be an absolute waste of time and effort. To put it in a s series you will have to have everything pretaining to the electrnic engine controls (PCM, harness, etc.) then you would need the tranmission and would probably have to fab up some axles. There is only one s car out there that has an ecotec in it and that was the Saturn Motorsports SL2 drag car, then again that was a full fleged race car. It would be a huge challenge to get it to work on a street car. You've got a few options if you want Red Line power 1) strap on a 75 shot wet nitrous kit, 2) turbocharge your 1.9 with around 5-6 psi, or 3) just buy a Red Line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts