Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matt at Customcargrills.com is willing to make a front grill for our cars. Problem is that he needs a car or front facia inner plastic insert to create the grill. The insert is only $68 and I am considering purchasing this peace just to have the grill created. Before I do so, is there anyone located in MI that can give there car up for a few hours? Also.....maybe a group purchase?

Jason Sheppard
04 Saturn Ion Redline

·
Registered
617 Posts
Wish I was... I e-mailed him a while ago and got the same response. You might have better luck finding someone on www.saturnfans.com.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
go there, way more people, keep us updated on the status!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are yall interested in a grill? Maybe if we get enough folks together he would be willing to buy the piece that the grill fits into for $68 so that he can have a canvis to work on.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i am depending on what its made of and price, oh and of course looks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke with Matt. He is going to purchase the grill frame (the part already on our cars) and make a grill. I am sure you can pick the type of grill material it is made out of. Once he has it created I will install it on my car and take pictures.

Jason Sheppard
04 Ion Redline

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
how much is he charging?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't ask b/c it is not even made yet. I am sure it will not be alot since its going to be a wire mesh grill. A quick look at his website shows that most are between $20 and $50. It should be pretty easy to make one for our cars since the assembly is already setup to accept a grill. I will let you know as soon as I find out. May be a week or two before Matt has one made.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Count me in

·
Registered
617 Posts
Me too :) Post pics ASAP!!!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys be careful. They say that the reason there's no grille there in the first place is that the car was sensitive to overheating with a grille bolted in place, even though there are studs there the grille didn't make the final cut.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I dont think we should have to worry about the car over heating. The air dam on the car is shaped to provide lots of air to the radiator. I don't know bout anyone else, but I mainly want the grill for protection of my Radiator and Intercooler. Just imagine the damage done from a small ... say 2" rock that a semi truck hit while you're on the turnpike doing 65MPH... yeah.... OUCH.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
nice! hard for me to see now on this monitor, but it looks like there will be no airflow issues to deal with, looks like i'll have to order me one of them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts