Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Ion Redline with a stage 2 and I was considering the K&N typhoon cold air intake for my car. I just moved to florida and was concerned about the engine getting waterloged, has anyone ever heard of this being an issue with the cold air intakes for the redline?

10,144 Posts
No you will not have a problem unless you enjoy driving through water the height of your roof all day.
PM me and I can tell you how to get one for the cheapest you'll find.

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
No you will not have a problem unless you enjoy driving through water the height of your roof all day.
PM me and I can tell you how to get one for the cheapest you'll find.
Why dont you just post a thread and get it stickied instead of telling everyone to PM you for the cheap K&N? Like its a big secret. Im the one that even told you to keep looking for a cheap one before you spent 260 bucks on one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What would be another good cheap add to gain more HP? so far all ive done is the stage 2 and going to do the cold air intake next...someone told me that i should do the dual bipass intercooler plate, but i dont see how that could add hp unless the car was running a while

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
If you want a CAI for an hp gain save your money. Youll be very very dissapointed.

Drop your pulley a size or two. Start on exhaust, header and downpipe being first. Thats the next point after getting staged.

10,144 Posts
Justin - .....maybe because the place isn't a supporting vendor??

Origional Poster - the dual pass helps you maintian power becasue it cools your temps down, i'd start doing some searching on the forums about it, and suggest you wait until the single pass manifold becomes redaily available, stock and dual pass don't hold a candle.

·
OG Factory Freak
17,332 Posts
What would be another good cheap add to gain more HP? so far all ive done is the stage 2 and going to do the cold air intake next...someone told me that i should do the dual bipass intercooler plate, but i dont see how that could add hp unless the car was running a while
Over the axle exhaust bend...it makes the stock exhaust a true 2.5" exhaust without spending alot on an aftermarket cat back.

Also, welcome to the forums. What color is your 07?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the dual bipass plate is part of the stage 3...from what i understand this needs to be done before the stage 3 smaller pully is added
and as far as the cold air intake, thats not the only reason im getting it...i need to replace my air filter anyway, might as well go all out, where can i find it for a better price than 265?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts