Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own a 2004 Ion Redline who has done their own foglight setup?? If so, I'd love to hear what you've done, and possibly some pics. I'm wanting to do away with the tacky plastic bumper inserts and put in real mesh grill inserts. But I'm not sure how to incorporate foglights into the outer inlets, with a mesh grill frame. Any input would be well appreciated! :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
i didnt take out the plastik but i still have polished mesh in the front, looks pretty sick. As soon as i get a cardomain site goin i can show u.

·
Registered
258 Posts
YEAH! You can get foglamps on a straight IOn, but not on the hi perf. Redline???? Whats up with that????

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know someone who has put foglights on their RL?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
you guys need to wait a month or two and you will be able to get the direct fit bolt ons from the dealer. january or february

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
someone on saturnfans has done it

·
Registered
355 Posts
So is Saturn making foglights??? You can't get an 050 with them. Or will they some aftermarket ones??

Shawn

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
the fog lamps are going to fit in the front valance and they will not be cheap for the whle wiring setup and so on but the lamp will be projectors and they will be a full bolt on afair. The wiring will cost a ton so your better off doing that your own damn self.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i believe the 05 competition edition will have fog light as part the options on that package

·
Registered
258 Posts
Fog Lamps should have been STANDARD on the RL's; let alone not available as an option!!! IMO!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I thought that it was rediculous that my sister's Ion 2 had foglights and my redline that was some 5,000 dollars more did'nt even have it as a option. However, the extra 65hp kinda make up for it. :D Still, I'm gonna have to come up with something for mine!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Who NEEDS foglamps? OH , I don't know, I guess it would be the same people who want a BIGGER NON-Functional spoiler, or skinnier tires, or more flashy wheels. See there are lots of things we want, that we don't necessarily NEED! LOL

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i would want some ACTUAL foglamps, you know the yellow kind that actually help in fog, not just some extra superwhite lights in the front for show

·
Registered
187 Posts
Vita said:
i would want some ACTUAL foglamps, you know the yellow kind that actually help in fog, not just some extra superwhite lights in the front for show

right, the "fog" lamps that come on the standard ions are not realy fog lamps, they are more of a flood light, fog lamps are the yellow or bights that blind everyone in the other lanes. fogs are made to go wider vs. very far straight

at least with fogs, you have spots to mount them, to me installing a set of fogs would seem easier than putting in some gauges

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I think it pretty sad. The fact that my sister's 04 Ion 2 comes with foglights, and my 04 Ion RL does'nt even have it as an option at 5,000 more is ridiculous!! :mad: Regardless of factory lights, I will still do it myself! I think that's the only way it will look right. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts