Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, just wanted to say hello and let you know we are working on a line of carbon fiber parts as well as performance parts for your ions

·
Registered
244 Posts
Who's we? ipp? SMS already has a CF hood. We could use whatever you guys wanna make.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
cool, as the redline ions were rumored to have some sort of heating issue, maybe a hood scoop C/F hood would be a good way to go considering there is already an OEM style available, i know i would buy one! a rear decklid like available on the SRT-4's would be a nice compliment to the hood, as well as a pair of headers specific to the red line, not to mention maybe a gauge pod that would seemlessly integrate to the steering column considering our stock gauges are in the center!

either way, glad to hear someone is taking an interest in our not-so-popular saturns!!! thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey do you guys have any links for the carbon fiber hoods, where i can find out some info as far as how light they are compared to the stock hood, and where i can buy one from??? thanks

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
paintedblack said:
Hey do you guys have any links for the carbon fiber hoods, where i can find out some info as far as how light they are compared to the stock hood, and where i can buy one from??? thanks
saturn motorsports

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
hey everyone, just wanted to say hello and let you know we are working on a line of carbon fiber parts as well as performance parts for your ions
any timeframe to expect??? early next year perhaps?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i called ipp a few days ago and they'd never even heard of a redline much less knew about making parts for it. they told me that they only make engine parts, and didn't know anything about a carbon fiber hood.

maybe i'm wrong, but i spoke with ipp themselves......i dont wanna make any accusations, but i wouldnt hold your breath on anything quite yet.

·
Registered
617 Posts
sux :( We definately need a hood with some kind of scoop to blow over the charger... or maybe a hood that's similar to the Evo 8?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
SilverBulletRL said:
sux :( We definately need a hood with some kind of scoop to blow over the charger... or maybe a hood that's similar to the Evo 8?
werd, i'm going to see about getting one custom made...

i was going to get a custom made hood for my tiburon GT a while back, maybe this guy can hook us up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts