Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the new brakes put on today.. and man i must say these look great. They also stop great. The first thing i noticed was i was slowing down well with little pedal pressure...
4 IRotors off ebay 200$ w/ free shipping.. Free front set of ebc yellows from DCTD and i bought the rear set from discount tire. So all in all i have about 275$ in this brake job.

Now i just need to paint the calipers now.

·
Moderator/Internet Fight Champion
2,332 Posts
Keep us posted on the quality of these. I've looked at em but was worried they might warp quickly or crack or something due to how cheap they were.

Ben

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will do... I just figured for 200$ they are worth a shot... Thats cheaper than oem stuff from autozone.. they wanted like 189 for 4 duralast rotors or what ever then i had to add tax.

·
2,332 Posts
Yeah same here. I didn't have a lot of money so just to get me by I only bought cheap pads last year. Need new rotors though (and some better pads)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
i have had them on my car for a year...i got the ceramic pads that came with them...so far they are well worth the money...still stops really good...

·
2,332 Posts
Definitely good to know. Did they rust out or anything?

10,144 Posts
on the suffice yes but when you drive and hit them it comes right off.
yeah it's common for rotors do that overnight when moisture gets to them nothing at all to be worried about like i was the first time i saw them like that. it comes off the first stop.
they don't warp or anything i've done some dead stops from 100+ and they're fine.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gave the brakes a quick stab this morning and hurt my shoulder haha.
I love these. Never realized how crummy the stockers are compared to this.

·
Registered
275 Posts
good thread...i was very curious about the rotors too....i gotta get me a setup pretty soon.....i want free brake pads too dtcd...lol.....ill try either the ebc or hawk.....i can get morse ceramics too pretty cheap there not bad for an autozone ceramic....ran them on my civic with slotted and they were decent

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have the EBC yellows on my DSM, when I first put them on I thought the car was gonna do a stoppie when I hit the brakes.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Im running GD series rotors from EBC with Red Stuff pads and what a difference. Though they are a little noisy even when the brake isn't applied. Don't worry everything checks out, the pads arent rubbing, it's just the noise created by the slots and dimples. Should be getting the rear GD disks and Red Stuff monday and then I'll be in business :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
slots= good way to release gas and dust, Drilled= weaker rotors prone to cracking.
Disclaimer: Drilled rotors CAN be useful under certain conditions, but in all reallity, unless you are doing some serious auto-x you will never get them hot enough for it to make a difference :soapbox::)

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,889 Posts
slots= good way to release gas and dust, Drilled= weaker rotors prone to cracking.
Disclaimer: Drilled rotors CAN be useful under certain conditions, but in all reallity, unless you are doing some serious auto-x you will never get them hot enough for it to make a difference :soapbox::)
Good Point.

You can special order the rotors from iRotor to only include the slotting. That is what I would do.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I over slept for work tonight and was hauling ass down a two lane road when I come around the corner at about 85. Seen they closed the road but put out no signs. I jammed on the brakes and not being use to these brakes figured it wouldn't stop. I aimed at shooting the gap but the car came to a stop right before the cones. My heart was racing. I called the sherif department and het them know. When I turned around I could smell the brakes. But holey shit these babys stop.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts