Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’m new to this forum.. I’m looking for a first car and found this IRL on marketplace for $3k. The guy says he has owned it for about 6 months and has had the regular fluids and filters changed. Has 190k miles. Is it worth it? It’s currently the only redline in my area, and a Cobalt SS isn’t an option due to budget. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Exterior is different - I like the black trim and red trim interior

rare car

so that is benefit

190K - if you can do a lot of troubleshooting and repair then might be a good deal.

Many parts are discontinued and need to DIY

·
Registered
57 Posts
I dont care for the color scheme but I would say it is definitely worth it if the car is mechanically sound. Kelly blue book has these valued around $2k but I have always felt that is way undervalued. Not many cars you can get in the price range with the power and rarity.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Also the cobalt ss should be in the same price range as long as you are looking at the supercharged model 05-07 .... if you are looking at the turbo model 08-10 they are more expensive

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys, I thought 190k miles was pretty high as well.. although not too bad if we’ll maintained. My dad was a mechanic in the Marines so he’s pretty good at fixing stuff himself. I’ve looked for a Cobalt SS but they’re all in the 4.5-5k range sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,292 Posts
Biggest thing is timing chain and intercooler pump

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
let us know if you get it and update us on any ugrades etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts