Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not trolling, I think its so funny that you all sit SOME of you sit here and talk about how you killed an srt-4 , me personally, i own an 04 evolution, if you all did some research, youd realize, that your catgory, is more of a acura rsx, honda, civic si, if you want to play with forced induction go play with an eclipse gst, or maybe a mazdaspeed protege, but the evo, sti, srt commom gentelman your playing with fire, and your gonna get burned, maybe its just cause your racing neon sxt"s, now im not saying theres no way, you can beat an srt-4 cause we have plenty of bad drivers, i must agree, if i didnt make alot of money id probably settle for a redline to, not bashing you just giving you a reality check, my only complaint is your supercharged so your limited to buying a pulley, or a $3000 bigger supercharger and hope to get high 13s, we spend 3 grand on the big boy cars, were looking at 12s or maybe high 11s, so dont trade your car in keep it its a nice little car, my point is stay in your league not ours., please dont give me hell for this, once again im not a troll just get your research straight and dont forget what your driving, and yes i know i drive an expensive lancer but c"mon could you really get mad at almost 300hp and all wheel drive? and mine was only $23,900 :) , and in case your wondering, i checked out pretty much every force induced car,RL was 18000, srt was 22900, sti was 31000, so i came out pretty good, but i guess the statement is true that you get what you pay for

·
Registered
786 Posts
Not a bad comment, but, come back in 6 months and it will be a different world of competition. :p

Not bashing anyone.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i understand where ur coming from and totally agree, but please, PLEASE dont group us with turbo eclipses and especially civic si's. ur pretty close about the rsx-s tho, thats a good race.

we've had time slips of 14.3 and 14.4 and such.....thats a bit faster than those cars stock. 15.3 is what a few magazines claimed for our cars, that is defintely not the case.....at least not for the good drivers.

but yeah, i agree with the evo and sti, and even the srt4 and wrx....under technical circumstances there is no chance for us and i realize that. the closest would be the srt4, but itd take some decent upgrades for us to even come close with both good drivers.

but anyway, im gonna start to ramble. lets just leave it at i agree with u, for the most part....cept the civic si part, thats just rude! haha. :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
mammoth said:
Im not trolling, I think its so funny that you all sit SOME of you sit here and talk about how you killed an srt-4 , me personally, i own an 04 evolution, if you all did some research, youd realize, that your catgory, is more of a acura rsx, honda, civic si, if you want to play with forced induction go play with an eclipse gst, or maybe a mazdaspeed protege, but the evo, sti, srt commom gentelman your playing with fire, and your gonna get burned, maybe its just cause your racing neon sxt"s, now im not saying theres no way, you can beat an srt-4 cause we have plenty of bad drivers, i must agree, if i didnt make alot of money id probably settle for a redline to, not bashing you just giving you a reality check, my only complaint is your supercharged so your limited to buying a pulley, or a $3000 bigger supercharger and hope to get high 13s, we spend 3 grand on the big boy cars, were looking at 12s or maybe high 11s, so dont trade your car in keep it its a nice little car, my point is stay in your league not ours., please dont give me hell for this, once again im not a troll just get your research straight and dont forget what your driving, and yes i know i drive an expensive lancer but c"mon could you really get mad at almost 300hp and all wheel drive? and mine was only $23,900 :) , and in case your wondering, i checked out pretty much every force induced car,RL was 18000, srt was 22900, sti was 31000, so i came out pretty good, but i guess the statement is true that you get what you pay for
Another Einstein who feels compelled to register to impart his words of wisdom about shit we already know. Thank you sir, your imput has been duely noted and filed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well... if we wanna go into it I've beat a few Redlines in my SL2. And it shouldnt have won. My car is not fast by any means. It's all about the driver. Sometimes you have to give people a reality check every now and then. Like the guys in 100hp SL1's that think they can hang with a Corvette or a Viper.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Price of maintanence for your cars...look into it and add it all up for every year...then come back talking here....hope you've found the money tree or hit it rich when you buy your cars....

·
Registered
617 Posts
I agree with him for the most part except the Civic Si. And thanks for being somewhat civil. But like redlin-er said, 6 months from now things will be different.... Yes, our cars are supercharged. That just means my turbo will spool faster when it's in :p

·
Registered
244 Posts
mammoth said:
if you all did some research, youd realize, that your catgory, is more of a acura rsx, honda, civic si, if you want to play with forced induction go play with an eclipse gst, or maybe a mazdaspeed protege
LMAO @ This Part!!! Shit, I have a '93 Saturn SL2, yes it's a four door w/ 175K miles on it and the engine (not Motor) is completely stock, never been rebuilt or as much as opened. Just some Bolt-Ons and these cars you mention that are in "Their League" can't even run w/ me! Uhmm, thanks for the good laugh!

Oh and I am trollin...for some Si's, GSt's, RSx's *insert evil grin here*

·
Registered
127 Posts
mammoth said:
Just because you said you are not trolling doesn't mean you are not. Some of your comments are pretty demeaning. I resent that you associate us Redline owners with people that just can't afford anything else. I work for Uncle Sam and I am a GS-13 make about $90K a year. I can afford two stinking Evos if I want, but I like the RL because I owned a Quad Couple before and I liked Saturn. The Redline is a pocket rocket that doesn't attract attention from the police and it drives great. Check your insurance bill on the Evo too, because I live in DC and I pay $765 a YEAR on the Redline.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
mammoth said:
With the exception of the SRT, you make a good point, but no one claims to be beating STi's, or Evos. Seeing as how an SRT ranges from 215hp to 230hp, that car dosen't even belong in that class. Unless of course you're talking about modded cars. We all know how that arguement goes. If you wanna go that route, then I know this Satrun that did 220 mph on a salt flat once. It's actually an Ion Redline that holds the land speed record for it's class... so, thanks for your input, but it seems that your research needs some work as well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wow, what a dumb post.

Bottom line, the Evo is probably the fastest car that imature kids can still afford. Hence trolling such as this. That is what I hate about the Evo. I love all the driving dynamics, but the image it portrays is killing me. When you step up to a vette or M3, the performance difference isn't all that great, but then you're not grouped with idiots like this.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
slt said:
Wow, what a dumb post.

Bottom line, the Evo is probably the fastest car that imature kids can still afford. Hence trolling such as this. That is what I hate about the Evo. I love all the driving dynamics, but the image it portrays is killing me. When you step up to a vette or M3, the performance difference isn't all that great, but then you're not grouped with idiots like this.
I'm sorry you have to be grouped with this tool. Hey, at least WE know different.

·
Registered
541 Posts
mammoth said:
Ummmmm, Okaaaayyy. I don't think anyone on these boards ever boasted about beating an Evo VIII, or a WRX STI. However it DOES depend on the driver. I have (and probally will again) beaten the WRX (NOT THE STI) (Last night as a matter of fact). Our cars' "class" isn't really a class. For the same EXACT ammount most people spend on the Evo or STI the redline and upgrades could keep up, probally even beat. The RL might fit into specific number catagories, such as peak HP, price and such, but never really falls into both the same. For instance, price and HP are mutually exclusive it seems in the tuner market. For 3-4k more we could have the more HP then the Srt-4, if you went price vs. HP cost......All I'm saying is that we don't really belong to one class or another, so please don't lump us in with them!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
slt said:
Wow, what a dumb post.

It may be a dumb group, for the most part, but anyone here that says they wouldnt want to be driving a EVO, well 99% of you would be lying. He is right about a couple of points, one of which is that if I could aford a EVO and the insurence that comes along with it I wouldnt be on this site right now. All that being said, I still love my RL.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
gm3saturn said:
It may be a dumb group, for the most part, but anyone here that says they wouldnt want to be driving a EVO, well 99% of you would be lying. He is right about a couple of points, one of which is that if I could aford a EVO and the insurence that comes along with it I wouldnt be on this site right now. All that being said, I still love my RL.
I'm sure not lying, if I wanted something LIKE an Evo, I'd get an STI, which is on that list as well, however, I personally would rather but a year or two old Corvette. You should see the deals on '04's, not even speaking of a year or two old one with 20,000 miles on it. The Redline is about as much as I would spend on a sport compact car. Once you hit the $30,000 range, you're starting to get into Corvette world.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nooooo waaaaayyyy I would want the EVO, the STi absoloutly, but not the EVO. It's not all about power you know, and I believe most on this board could afford the EVO (if they could get financed!!)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Once you hit the $30,000 range, you're starting to get into Corvette world.

Damn skippy! Keep in mind, that anything you can do to a 4 cyl, you can do to a V8 (or V10). Power is made, in the most basic terms, by burning gasoline. The more you can burn, the more power you can make. Thus the larger the displacement engine will always be able to make more power. Sure there are some turbo 4 cyl with $30K invested that push 500 bhp. But if you put that same $30K into an LS1, you should be well over 600 bhp. Hell, with the right setup 700 bhp isn't out of reach. Many of the GM crate engines are well over 400 bhp in stock form.

If I wanted a car that was just and absoulte demon on the 1/4 mile track and damn everything else, I surely wouln't choose a FWD or AWD 4cyl. There are much better (and easier) ways of turning tires into whisps of grey smoke in under 10 seconds. Stop by your local drag strip. Watch the fast cars. I mean the really fast ones. The ones that just stand out above the rest of the crowd. In my experience, 99% of them are RWD V8.

·
Registered
45 Posts
mammoth said:
my point is stay in your league not ours.,
Speaking of leagues I wouldn't mind playing in that one. It's just a little Ole 1.9 Liter. Please don't be scared, I play nicely.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
SaturnGuy said:
Speaking of leagues I wouldn't mind playing in that one. It's just a little Ole 1.9 Liter. Please don't be scared, I play nicely.
That sounds like a classic like to 'scare' people. Play in your own leauge. The funny thing is that a Mitsubishi-anything 15 years ago was a glorified go-kart, I guess they didn't stay in their league either huh? Dope.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts