Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Issue with stereo!! Help!!

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  xtremesc2 
#1 ·
Ok, I have a problem with this "Advanced Audio System" I paid extra for! Why is it that every POS CD player in my house plays my burned CDs, but the "Advanced" CD player in my $18,000 car does'nt?? I mean even my old CD players that don't say they're CD-R/RW compatible play these discs without fail. It's so damn irritating, if ya can't tell. :rolleyes: It will play them, but onlt in warm weather (don't ask) and after a run the heat for a while in cold weather (again, don't ask). I did'nt know that the thing was weather sensitive! I'd just like to know whether I'm the only one or not? I'm pretty sure I'll just have to take it back to the bloody dealer again!

#2 ·
mine plays cdr/cdrw/high speed cdrw as well. I have the single disk player and have no problems at all.

#3 ·
I have the 6-disk changer in my car (not the 6 speakers though) and haven't had this problem (though I have a problem where it skips the last song on the cd for some reason...it plays 3 seconds than jumps to the next disk or the first song if on cd repeat). The only thing that I can think of would be a low battery (which it shouldn't be). As when I had my cavi, when the battery was low it wouldn't be able to read CD-R/RW's when it was cold but it could read real cd's that were bought. I highly doubt that is what really caused this but it seemed like a strange convincidance (wow..bad spelling). Talk to your Saturn Techies would be you best bet.

#5 ·
I have the 6-disk as well. Burned plenty of disks and they work fine. Here's a suggestion. Try burning to a different brand of CD. Sometimes they are that pickey. I would recommend burning MP3's. There's nothing better than having 700+ Songs in your 6-Disk changer :D

#9 ·
Yea, I use almost nothing but burned mp3 discs and it plays them great. Every once in a while a song gets all skippy, but I blame that on the burner more than the stereo. It's getting along it in its years... it's like 2 now...

#10 ·
Sp00ner said:
Yea, I use almost nothing but burned mp3 discs and it plays them great. Every once in a while a song gets all skippy, but I blame that on the burner more than the stereo. It's getting along it in its years... it's like 2 now...

haha, sounds like its one of your children or something, lol

#12 ·
Is it the fact that it works only in warm weather, or is the fact that it works when you don't have your heat running full blast? My system in my Camaro used to overheat the deck with the heat running, since the vents ran right up behind the stereo. Days that I would take longer trips, with the heat blasting, you could almost count down 45 min, and BAM, out it would go. Eventually I figured out that when I switched the heat to the defrosters, or off of the floor vents, it would come back on, or not do it at all. So I stuck a digital thermometer behind the dash by the deck, and the temp with the heat on and the stereo playing was over 100 in the cubby hole that it was in.

Long story short, maybe you have faulty deck that is prone to overheating, or perhaps one of your vents isn't sealed well and is leaking hot air into the stereo space.

Or you just got a bum stereo from the factory?

Have you tried another brand of CD-R?

#13 ·
2 things
1-what media are you using?? this does make a difference when it comes to really cheap media.
2-what speed are you burning at??
sometimes 52x has problems with playing in certain cd players.

if these 2 are ok the i would say a bad laser or it needs to be adjusted. no you cant do this its very techincal. and those cd's made for this are junk. if its warranty bring it back they should replace it. i own a car audio shop, we do it all the time for a lot of dealerships that use us for thier stereo work. i see this a lot mostly with ford, then chrysler then gm. shouldnt be an issue with the newer players but some from a few years ago had lots of issues.

#14 ·
Sorry, this is a little off this topic, but for those of you who burn MP3's, what program do you use? I am still stuck in my converting to .wav and such format for my old cd players and car sterio's. Frankly I don't want to pay for one and I don't want some complicated one as I am a very lazy person (yes, I am also needy). Also, if you do list the one your using, please please tell me how to use it as I do not want to waste such good media on it (I have way to many coasters already). Thanks.

#15 ·
use audiograbber its free and is the best there is. then go to lame's site and get the 128 kbit codec's they are also free. best program and again its free!!!!!
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

#16 ·
also put the disc in click grab , done
then use nero or whatever and burn as a data disc your ready to go

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.