Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well thank you guys for telling me to look into getting an 04 redline. they are offering 4k off + and addition 1k off from that smart button contest (played, didn't win :( ) so this week, as long as insurance isn't too much more than what i'm paying now, i will be owning a 2004 Silver Redline. All they have on the lot in 04s in silver and the only way i can get $5k off is if i buy one from one of their dealerships. not my first choice in color but its still sexy, right silver guys? I got to drive it for a half hour without the salesman and that car can fly. i really wanted the competition package but with the rumor of it being delayed and them offering this much off i can't resist. i can add a boost gauge and an lsd later since my car payments will be cheaper and i can blow more money on this machine.

so 1 or 2 questions.

1. i noticed backfiring from the exhaust when coming to an stop. normal?

um thats all i can think of now. vito, what time are you calling in the order for the intakes? ill be calling my insurance company first thing monday to see what its gonna cost me and then assuming its not thru the roof i'll paypal you money for the intake.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I like my silver a lot too. I'm my new baby :) On the backfiring, I've been noticing that if I'm hammering it through a couple gears, then I let off the gas so the rpms drop back down to around 2-3k. This is when I hear popping from backfiring. I'm hoping this is normal, I like that popping sound. SRT4s do it, GTOs have it if you rev it up and let the RPMs drop back down. They were tuned to do that ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
jparf said:
1. i noticed backfiring from the exhaust when coming to an stop. normal?
Mine backfires too.. i notice it when the revs are up and i let off the gas and let them drop.. i notice it more in second gear, but ive heard it in other gears too..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe GM nationals. doubt the state college show. i work every friday and saturday so its hard for me to do anything on the weekends. ill let you know if i decide to roll down there. ill prolly bring dana along...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
sweet, i havent seen him in forever.

just look for my car, itll be a hard redline to miss i promise u that ;)

let me know about it, just pm me and ask for my cell if u want it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
always nice to see another Central Pa guy around. We'll have to hook up some night. So far I've counted 4 silver RL's in the area and 2 black (Xau and XtremeSC2).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
garland has a black one as well. i've only seen 2 in my area. i dont go out of harrisburg much. i plan on going to maple grove sometime this summer so when i do we should have a meet and all go up. it should be fun...

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm in Pittsburgh but am planning a trip to King of Prussia to visit my brother in a few weeks. It seems like there are quite a few of you guys in Central PA. I'll have to let everyone know when I end up coming out and see if there is anything going on that weekend.

I never see any other RL's in Pittsburgh. I saw my first one last week.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
let me know when ur in king of prussia, if its before im out of school ill be here in west chester......about 20 minutes away.

and theres another black one in my town that ppl tell me about, havent seen him yet since i havent been home.....hope he's not a dick like all the other saturn guys in town. they all seem to wanna be the only saturn tuners in town.....talk about "a different kind of car"

·
Registered
22 Posts
jparf said:
not my first choice in color but its still sexy, right silver guys? I got to drive it for a half hour without the QUOTE]

Well, I am rather partial to silver :) , but I think on the ION the silver looks sleek.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts