Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I officially sold my Red Line and have moved on. It's been a great ten-year run with it, but it didn't make sense to keep it any longer when I knew I would have to start replacing expensive items like the clutch, transmission, etc.

I miss the good old days when the forum was really alive and jumping. Sadly, it hasn't been like that for probably six years or more.

At any rate, I wish the remaining members and any new members good luck going forward.

It was certainly a great car while it lasted!

·
Super Moderator
1,360 Posts
Congrats on the new ride man. I know youve been around longer than me. Appreciate your help over the years

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@piratepress 10 years is a no joke and surely, you gained a lot of memories you've shared with your redline, but what car did you replace with it?
Since the RL was my work car, I wanted something that was similarly sporty and fun, but didn't cost an arm and a leg. As such, I picked up a one-owner 2010 Ford Fusion Sport with just 34K miles on it. The Sport model was only produced from 2010-2012 and comes with a 265hp V6 and 18-wheels. Of course, it's not as fast as my RL, doesn't corner as sharply, and gets slightly worse fuel economy. But other than that, it rides much smoother and I'm really enjoying all the modern accessories my RL was lacking like ambient lighting, automatic headlights, backup camera, blind-spot warning system, dual-zone HVAC and two USB ports. I've also ordered a Steeda performance kit that includes a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, cold air intake and custom tune. With that, it should make 300 hp and be immensely more responsive and fun to drive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since the RL was my work car, I wanted something that was similarly sporty and fun, but didn't cost an arm and a leg. As such, I picked up a one-owner 2010 Ford Fusion Sport with just 34K miles on it. The Sport model was only produced from 2010-2012 and comes with a 265hp V6 and 18-wheels. Of course, it's not as fast as my RL, doesn't corner as sharply, and gets slightly worse fuel economy. But other than that, it rides much smoother and I'm really enjoying all the modern accessories my RL was lacking like ambient lighting, automatic headlights, backup camera, blind-spot warning system, dual-zone HVAC and two USB ports. I've also ordered a Steeda performance kit that includes a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, cold air intake and custom tune. With that, it should make 300 hp and be immensely more responsive and fun to drive.

View attachment 35381

View attachment 35382

View attachment 35383
Congrats on your new ride!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts