Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I just installed my K&N CAI after having it for about 4 weeks. It took me about 3 hours. Now you guys may be laughing or thinking I don't know shit about cars, but the reason it took so long is because I'm a one armed gimp. Seriously, I'm a gimp as of right now. Here what I did: http://www.xwarlordx.com/tristanlee85/tom/ (2 plates, 12 screws, 28 staples later)

Anyways, the intake is a pain in the butt. Not hard, you just have to be patient with it. I'm sure I could have done it 3 times faster if I had two healthy arms. I was just kind of tired of it not getting installed. My buddies were going to install it, but something always came up. So as of right now it has been two brake jobs and a CAI install with one arm.

The intake sounds bad ass, really love the whine. Next install, my torque brace that I've had for just as long (probably won't do it myself because of the arm). But I'm dead tired from working in the garage (100+ out today) and going to go to bed early, only 5:40 pm here.

Tom

·
Registered
244 Posts
Kool TOM!! Get some pics when ya can.

and WOW!! You really did Eff up you arm!! That was a while ago. How's it doin now?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scooter said:
Kool TOM!! Get some pics when ya can.

and WOW!! You really did Eff up you arm!! That was a while ago. How's it doin now?
It's been two months, and the x-rays still show it like it was just broke yesterday. The doc said it could take up to a full year to completely heal (bones connect together).

I'll get some pics up, but I feel like a chump having it take 3 hours. I've done so much work on my other car that an intake should be quick, oh well...

Tom

·
Registered
361 Posts
Dude, those x-rays are major badass. Now is the time to go out and meet chicks. Make sure you have a badass story to go along w/ the badass scar. Not something like "I fell down the stairs", it has to be "Well I was BASE jumping in Africa, and my chute didn't open until I was about 50 feet from the ground and iminent death." or "I was racing my 8 second Corvette and the back end spun around and I smashed into the wall at 150mph. Oh that? That's my ION Redline. It's my daily driver. My Vette's in the shop right now." When I broke my leg, I said "I got attacked by a croc at the zoo." and "Well when I was playin football, I was rushing the quarterback when this big 300lb monster came up and blindsided me and then lost his balance and fell on my leg". I still have the plate and screws in my leg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.