Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had the problem with the shifting column...i get a call saying that they are going to be taking pictures of me driving to make sure i dont hot rod...i was like **** u ur not my mom and thats invasion of privacy..so i go down there and long story short..the parts guys tells me the factory, not the dealer is suspecting me of hot rodding and racing and i have a red flag on my car...i asked what that means exactly..he said if somehthing goes wrong with the engine or tranny they can blame it on me and not cover it...the tech guy was cool about it and i kept my cool..surprisinly..i left fuckin pissed tho. so basically saturn has my car flagged and they are going to be wathcing my every move from now on. part of the reason i got my saturn was because of the service..but this seriously pissed me off...has anyone else been told this becasue i think they are targerting because they know i race and im young (17) i think the dealer told them i race...it shouldnt matter what i do unless im like racing it everyday and burning my tires out all the time...this is complete bullshit!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome to the world of powerful cars.....its a more common occurence with the recent group of powerful sport compacts.

There is a document out there on SRT-4's that DC sent to their service departments on things to look out for. If they find these certain things they are to contact District Service reps. WRX drivers get their warranties cancelled if they are auto crossing, Evo owners are in the same boat... if there is any kind of a tranny warranty claim the owner almost always gets screwed...

What conditions does your warranty have? The SRT warranty specifically states that racing, and or abuse will void the power train warranty. Racing includes any timed event, or exhibition of speed on the streets..... it sucks balls.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You need to read the warranty, if it say's "normal use" or "abusive operation"
they got you. Also, ask your insurance what classification they have on your car.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
SporkLover said:
What conditions does your warranty have? The SRT warranty specifically states that racing, and or abuse will void the power train warranty. Racing includes any timed event, or exhibition of speed on the streets..... it sucks balls.
Our warranties state almost the exact same thing. It kind of sucks that our cars that are supposed to be built for these kind of things, that they don't like us using it for that and still cover us. It makes sense though, they know they'd be replacing a lot of crap if people got away with it.
With Evos and STIs it seems a little more ridiculous that they don't cover the warranty with these types of usage, especially when they're as tuned out for competition like they already are. What do they expect us to do, drive our cars like it's a normal non-fun everyday car? That's just too hard...

·
Registered
43 Posts
On the EvolutionM forums I found a thread about Subaru dealerships handing out free SCCA memberships with a purchase of a WRX. Well when new buyers actually used that offer, and competed, shortly after their first competition they find out their car is on warranty restriction. Evo owners were finding themselves having their warranty put on restriction because someone at Mitsubishi found out about SCCA racing events through published results on the internet. There was this one thread where a guy bought his son an Evo for a HS graduation gift, and after a few months of ownership he tracked it at an SCCA event. Well he goes in for regular maintenance a few months later to find out his warranty was voided.... based on published SCCA results on the internet! It was done by the local Mitsu Service rep.

Tell them to prove you were abusing the car.... and never ever admit to racing or abusing the car.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Exactly! Let them prove everything, for all they know, you could just drive the car like you stole it everyday. I can see them not covering things if they KNOW you are racing the car, but come on...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the problem is they know i race for sure...when this happend i still had the numbers from the track...i didnt want that to happen but it did before i could take them off. so they know i race but i think ill just tell them i did it twice and my mom said i couldnt or some bs..u think that would work? becuase i paid extra for the extended warranty and if they void that that is a waste of over a thousand bucks and even more bullshit.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Well, if they got you red-handed... I'm not sure, ask one of your lawyer type folks here.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What does suck is that they can argue that the computer states that the maximum speed you have reached is 140 MPH in the car, and since that is twice the highest speed limit posted anywher in the US, you are abusing the car because it wasn't designed to break the traffic laws. If I knew about this, I wouldn't have purchased an extended warranty.

·
Registered
524 Posts
You can get your money back for the extended warranty if it gets cancelled. They'll just pro-rate it if you used any of it...

Tom

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can i go to saturn and say i want to cancel my extended warranty and get my money back? becasue that would be very nice if i could..because my warranty is going to be ruined anyway with my future mods..all i can say is i excpected better out of saturn...again this is bullshit.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Just to make sure, who exactly said that you were on "restriction?" Was it the dealership or was it someone from Saturn corp? Also, what EXACTLY did they say? Were they just trying to tell you to take it easy or were they saying that your warranty will be voided if you continue to drive the car the way you are driving it? Let me know and I'll see what route you should take about this.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Is there a way, other than catching you red-handed, that they can prove that you were racing?

·
Registered
46 Posts
redlineRACER said:
can i go to saturn and say i want to cancel my extended warranty and get my money back? becasue that would be very nice if i could..because my warranty is going to be ruined anyway with my future mods..all i can say is i excpected better out of saturn...again this is bullshit.

Send me a PM with your entire Vin number,...and I can tell you if it's redflagged or not.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
silverbullet said:
Send me a PM with your entire Vin number,...and I can tell you if it's redflagged or not.
Haha after what this guy has been saying, don't PM any information about your or your car. I wouldn't trust him holding any of my information. If his dealer has told him he's red flagged, it's safe to assume that that is the case. He doesn't need your 'confirmation' on it.
Redlineracer, he's just trying to get your information and probably use it in a not so good way, so don't trust him. Just my advice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
jpapa said:
Haha after what this guy has been saying, don't PM any information about your or your car. I wouldn't trust him holding any of my information. If his dealer has told him he's red flagged, it's safe to assume that that is the case. He doesn't need your 'confirmation' on it.
Redlineracer, he's just trying to get your information and probably use it in a not so good way, so don't trust him. Just my advice.

Ah yeah, cause thats what I do. Ruin peoples warranties. Didn't you know, its a serious money makeing buisness. Jackass.

Trying to help the kid out. Have a friend that had the same problem with his Z06, he was told that his car was "black flagged",...I checked a dealer site, and no black flag. The service manager was just full of shit. No problem though, no skin of my back. Dipshit.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Weclome to our world. It's hard to get mitsu to warranty anything. When you buy a car like this, you are guilty untill proven innocent. They will deny you're warranty for driveline problems b/c its soo easy to abuse and break them with cars like this. The warranty is to fix factory defects, not to sponsor your race career. You have to pay to play.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
So can this situation (us 'abusing' our cars) be compared to buying a Trail Rated Jeep, and have that breaking while you're using its 4x4 capabilities, and then not having warranty cover what it's supposed to built to handle? I'm not sure of the warranty specifications of 4x4s, whether the warranty is voided if you take it off roading or what not. But if that's the case, it's the same situation as us, warranty doesn't cover what it's designed and engineering to technically handle. Just something I just thought about, so I'm not sure of the warranty guidelines there.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Before you go off and do anything hasty, call Saturn and see what they say to you. I have a feeling that the dealership was simply telling you to take it easy. It takes a lot more than a timeslip to void a warranty, unless you are being an ass to people. Do one of two things, either call them at (800) 553-6000 or PM me with the complete vin and I'll do a NVH for your history to see if it's voided at work. I work for Saturn in Louisiana but I can check to see if your warranty is voided. My guess is that you are ok for now.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Silver bullet's a good guy

keith-

1 - 20 of 33 Posts