Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I start to wonder about posting these since I know that someone's BOUND to chime in with their negative "They weren't racing, No way because the magazines say this.....". Well screw you in advance and you know who you are :D

So I was driving down the highway going about 75 when a brotha in what appeared to be about an 02-04 (not sure what year they were made but it looked fairly new) Jaguar S-type 4.0 (those are all the badges I could make out when I was behind him) was in front of me in the left lane. I tried to get over on the right to pass. As soon as I did, I noticed he began to speed up. Not being the type that likes it when someone's on the left hand lane going slow to begin with, I downshifted to 4th and punched it. He got stuck behind another car ahead of him (karma) and I had an open lane to dart in front. Apparently the big "balla" wasn't having none of a Saturn passing him and his bling bling Jaguar so I saw him steady charging towards me. Dropped the car in 4th again and steady pulled on him. I played around with him for about 4 miles where I'd slow down, wait for him to catch up, then drop the hammer. Now whether or not my car is faster is besides the point. The point is that his $48K car was having trouble keeping up with a $20K car and I bet he's STILL scratching his head about that one. :cool: :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
I guess he never seen or heard of a Redline in action until you showed up. Thought your just a regular ion qc with a fart-can and bodykit....I haven't seen ion around here like that though.

·
Registered
888 Posts
my cousin and uncle both have 2001 S-Types, the cars look wicked nice and the interior is sweet, but they fall apart like the piece of shit fords they are, plus they aren't fast, im pretty sure they are 15 second cars.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i was playing around with a jaguar on the freeway..not sure which type...it was sick when he flipped on his neon lights under his car and downshifted...but pissed me off when i downshifted and starting gaining and he kept cutting me off...the only way he could hold my old saturn off... :D

·
Registered
595 Posts
S type isnt really a performance car. Its nice but not one. Now go beat an XJ-8 and then we will have something to congratulate u for! just messing :p

·
Registered
103 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
my cousin and uncle both have 2001 S-Types, the cars look wicked nice and the interior is sweet, but they fall apart like the piece of shit fords they are, plus they aren't fast, im pretty sure they are 15 second cars.
How does a 290HP car run 15's? Those are high 13 sec cars.

·
Registered
103 Posts
TXRLU said:
I start to wonder about posting these since I know that someone's BOUND to chime in with their negative "They weren't racing, No way because the magazines say this.....". Well screw you in advance and you know who you are :D

So I was driving down the highway going about 75 when a brotha in what appeared to be about an 02-04 (not sure what year they were made but it looked fairly new) Jaguar S-type 4.0 (those are all the badges I could make out when I was behind him) was in front of me in the left lane. I tried to get over on the right to pass. As soon as I did, I noticed he began to speed up. Not being the type that likes it when someone's on the left hand lane going slow to begin with, I downshifted to 4th and punched it. He got stuck behind another car ahead of him (karma) and I had an open lane to dart in front. Apparently the big "balla" wasn't having none of a Saturn passing him and his bling bling Jaguar so I saw him steady charging towards me. Dropped the car in 4th again and steady pulled on him. I played around with him for about 4 miles where I'd slow down, wait for him to catch up, then drop the hammer. Now whether or not my car is faster is besides the point. The point is that his $48K car was having trouble keeping up with a $20K car and I bet he's STILL scratching his head about that one. :cool: :D
I wouldn't say that was race if he got stuck behind a car.

"so I saw him steady charging towards me" Why didn't you just wait until ya'll were side by side again then go WOT instead of playing catch me?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Jamm said:

maybe i was wrong. My friend at work has an 04 Jag and i thought it was s type...its the lowest one u can get..cheap if u will! lol Its got a v6...hmmmm

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I beat the piss out of an S-type 4.0 for a night . . . my friend's horse trainer gave it to her for the weekend, and she was drinking, so I was her "designated driver". It was pretty quick, very smooth, but not ultimately too fast. My favorite person was doing ass-out powerslides & donuts at 4 in the morning in a Jag. Good times. Good kill too.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Jamm said:
Something about 4000 lbs or so... gee... how could that 290hp car only run 15's??? What a mystery....

There's one of those Jags out front of work, I think it's the R-type or something. I believe that's the FAST one.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jamm said:
I wouldn't say that was race if he got stuck behind a car.

"so I saw him steady charging towards me" Why didn't you just wait until ya'll were side by side again then go WOT instead of playing catch me?

Three reasons I didn't slow down and wait for him, one, there was too much traffic for it to be just a regular race. In order for us to be side by side, one of us would automatically be behind another car. Two he wasn't so much about racing as he was just about being an ******* and not wanting someone to pass him on the highway (I'm betting even moreso someone in a Saturn). And three, I was mainly going my usual 75 on the road, I'd keep that speed up until I saw that he was trying to pass me then I pulled the same thing on him that he undoubtedly did to other people. Most of the situations I get under these circumstances are people that are just being assholes that don't want anyone to pass them, or that are trying to get in a lane that ends in order to merge ahead of traffic. I'm not one to really try and egg someone on in traffic by getting beside them and reving my engine. Some people are always looking for a confrontation on the highway and its usually people with bigger more expensive cars. When I come across it, I'm more than happy to humble them with my car :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I guess we need a 4 page disclaimer on the Kill Stories section that carefully explains to people that it's not a NHRA sanctioned event..... :rolleyes:

Perhaps next time you could request that someone gets out with a flag in each hand to make sure that no one rolls off the staging lines as well...

Oh, and don't forget that we're gonna need time slips from that street drag, all highways have laser speed checks right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts