Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Jet MAF? Was recommended to me by a friend, but it doesn't look like it will fit without modifications.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Why, when it offers absolutely no performance advantage?

I'm still running the factory MAF from 2003 in my car and am pushing it FAR beyond what 99.9% of Redline owners do. *points at sig*

Sorry you wasted your money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why, when it offers absolutely no performance advantage?

I'm still running the factory MAF from 2003 in my car and am pushing it FAR beyond what 99.9% of Redline owners do. *points at sig*

Sorry you wasted your money.
Haven't wasted a dime on any MAF sensor. Thought I'd ask here before dumping $200+ on something I might not need. It was recommended to me by a friend because he said stock LSJ MAFs are sensitive, doesn't mean I bought it.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I cleaned my MAF recently and the 7 mm bolt (think it's a 7) jumped off - almost lost it in the engine bay :surprise:

they should have used those screw/bolts that stay connected on there - not sure of the name of them

Or are these easy to get online or parts store?

Like to get a couple

·
Registered
24 Posts
I cleaned my MAF recently and the 7 mm bolt (think it's a 7) jumped off - almost lost it in the engine bay :surprise:

they should have used those screw/bolts that stay connected on there - not sure of the name of them

Like to get a couple
I would go check ACE to see if they have them with the small snap rings on them. You are just going to need to remove the snap ring for the install onto the MAF.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cleaned my MAF recently and the 7 mm bolt (think it's a 7) jumped off - almost lost it in the engine bay [img= class=inlineimg]/forums/images/RedlineForums_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/img]

Like to get a couple
I had the same problem, luckily a PnP near me had a Redline. But I used Allen key bolts that I bought from Lowe's and they fit perfectly. The only problem was they were a bitch to put in if you didn't take the intake out. If you want stock, the bolts are some odd size like 5.5 or 7.5mm.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I had the same problem, luckily a PnP near me had a Redline. But I used Allen key bolts that I bought from Lowe's and they fit perfectly. The only problem was they were a bitch to put in if you didn't take the intake out. If you want stock, the bolts are some odd size like 5.5 or 7.5mm.
I did have the intake off and everything off - hose etc.,

just need the right lenght socket tool but even with care things fly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts