Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got bored today, so when I woke up I washed my car & decided to shoot a few pictures. Tell me what ya think. Personally I think that the cloudy, sullen lighting made the car look cool. Hopefully it doesn't rain now though :mad:

Edit: Haha, look at that Grand Prix sneaking up on me - didn't even notice that :p

·
Registered
754 Posts
Very very nice and boy that is really red and it looks great.I like cloudy days to take pictures things just look more colorful and less washed out.You ought to turn a lot of heads when you drive by.

·
Registered
150 Posts
NICE car/pics monkey. I love red cars, I love Redlines... I love red Redlines lol.

Here's a little pic of mine scootin' up to the tree at the track in January (car's just barely swingin' it's ass outward...was still spinnin' them a little)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input everybody.

Chazb - I agree, everything just sort of looks more vibrant in not-so-harsh lights.

Trans Am - mmm. Now that's a beautiful car. My first car was supposed to be a black 2002 Formula 6-speed; had to get the V6 for insurance reasons. My boss has a black '02 WS6 w/ the Hurst, and it is beautiful. I LOVE F-BODIES.

SoCo - Can't really afford to drop it, nor do I have the facilities, and I'd have to take them off if I took the car in for service - it's a lease.

Nicholas - I haven't found a good mesh grill I like yet; any recommendations?

·
Registered
190 Posts
TransAm52804 said:
NICE car/pics monkey. I love red cars, I love Redlines... I love red Redlines lol.

Here's a little pic of mine scootin' up to the tree at the track in January (car's just barely swingin' it's ass outward...was still spinnin' them a little)

Is that track in Clinton an 1/8 or a 1/4? I didn't even know that there was a track out there!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Justin - Actually, that track's not even in Clinton: and you're right, there is no track in Clinton. That picture was taken at Cordova Dragway in Cordova, Illinois (right across the river from Princeton, Iowa).

The thing is, that's actually an ad for the Mississippi Belle II riverboat, located in Clinton, Iowa. But since the pic was cut off where it was, a lot of people think that pic was at a Clinton track, even though there isn't one.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Nice i wanted blue to match the stang but i am digging the red. Hell i like all the colors but i had red stangs til this one kinda missing red. I havent even seen a redline in person except at the dealers. Nor have i seen red period. Nice....hmmm i may have to go with red..dunno.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Thanks for the input everybody.

Chazb - I agree, everything just sort of looks more vibrant in not-so-harsh lights.

Trans Am - mmm. Now that's a beautiful car. My first car was supposed to be a black 2002 Formula 6-speed; had to get the V6 for insurance reasons. My boss has a black '02 WS6 w/ the Hurst, and it is beautiful. I LOVE F-BODIES.

SoCo - Can't really afford to drop it, nor do I have the facilities, and I'd have to take them off if I took the car in for service - it's a lease.

Nicholas - I haven't found a good mesh grill I like yet; any recommendations?
The large mesh from customcargrills.com looks real nice. Ill post a pic in a minute.

As for that Grand Am. It wasnt sneaking. It was hiding in those bushes cause it didnt know what to think of that awsome red RL you have there :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
TransAm52804 said:
Justin - Actually, that track's not even in Clinton: and you're right, there is no track in Clinton. That picture was taken at Cordova Dragway in Cordova, Illinois (right across the river from Princeton, Iowa).

The thing is, that's actually an ad for the Mississippi Belle II riverboat, located in Clinton, Iowa. But since the pic was cut off where it was, a lot of people think that pic was at a Clinton track, even though there isn't one.
I see...That makes more sense. I swear to God, if I had all kinds of money I would build a 1/4 track in this state! The closest track to me is Eddyville and it's an 1/8 mile. I should get down there sometime and see what I can do.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sweet!:) Slammed Would Be Nice.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
dipolley said:
Al, the large grill insert looks good. I bought the small ones. We'll have to compare on Saturday. Take some picks of both.
I just got a response back from the customcargrill crew about the other grill openings and this is what they had to say.:

Alan, those side pieces are really tricky. I can supply the mesh to
make the side pieces but I don't have anything precut for those.

The side pieces on that grill have to be cut out and sanded down. It
is
a pretty involved installation actually.

I think I am just gonna order the materials from them and make it a DIY project. I have all the stuff to do it so wut the hay

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Interesting - I've yet to see a red one in person. Cool.
There's no missing our red ones in a parking lot, that's for sure!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.