Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the drags at Woodburn dragstrip (roughly 30 miles south of Portland Or.). Wow, talk about a tough car to launch. My times were all over the place,from a 17.42 at just over 90 mph (missed shift ,wheel hop and tire spin !!!) to 14.87 at 94.83 mph (slight wheel hop and lotsa tire spin.) The trick seems to be to launch at something just above idle and feather the gas and clutch till you get outta the hole. My guess is there's close to half a second quicker time in the car if a person is able to get a great hole shot, but that's alot easier said than done. Car is bone stock except for a k&n drop in. Gonna put on Goofy's brace and give it another go in the next few weeks.
-Cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Great job on the 14.8. That's not a bad time at all for a stock IRL. What was your 60'? I know torquey FWD cars are bitches to launch, but if IRL drivers can get their 60's down to 2.0-2.1 (that seems to be the "OK" time for launching on street tires) instead of the mid 2's I frequently see, then mid-low 14's would be in the picture.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah ,best 60 ft. was a 2.39 so there's definitely room for improvement there. The gearing on the car is terrible for the quarter since I end up
shifting to fourth just as I pass the finish line -hence, my mph suffers. Come on Psi-Fi !

·
Registered
617 Posts
Low 14s is possible with intake / exhaust :) My time (in sig) was with a 2.3 60' too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.