Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a clunking noise in the front end when I turn the stearing wheel and upon acculturation and chatters when I hit bumps plus the transmission is starting to slip and sometimes grinds when shifting it is a automatic trans and the car has 165000 miles on it what should I do

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome and lets first identify the type of car you actually have since no redline ever came with an automatic transmission.
What size engine do you have and would mind posting a picture of your car so we can further help identify the issue you are having.

The noise in the front could be the front sway bar bushings and or the tie rods.
The struts most likely need changing at that mileage and you could be experiencing wheel hop from bad struts.
Automatic trans slippage usually happens from low fluid or burnt clutch packs.
Any grinding you are hearing in an auto trans wont last long since the internals have extremely close ratios and have a tendency to quit working rather quickly when there are internal problems.
Not trying to scare you but these are just some common issues with what you have posted.
Let us know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts