Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT took 6 hours. i just got my exhaust done yesterday and if it wasnt new i could see how the sound would get old on a long trip but i loved it tonight. I was cruisin at 80 most of the way and it ran great. i also have the stoc airbox removed. the only stops i made were twice for gas. the seats were comfortable the whole way. this car is great for road trips in my opinion not only to drive but the trunk is rather large too. I took it up over 100 plenty too and the thermometer never even made it to the half way mark. Before the intake/exhaust i think it would run at the half way point but now it runs a little cooler it seems or maybe it was jsut cuz it was at night. But for sitting in a car for a lil over six hours driving the whole way in a straight line up the 5, i would say the redline is definately worthy of taking on the long hauls. Also how large is our gas tank beacuse i got 237 miles to one tank.

·
Registered
69 Posts
spongalot said:
Also how large is our gas tank beacuse i got 237 miles to one tank.
The most I've ever managed is 245 from a tank, the majority of which was on the freeway, cruise control set at 84. I seem to average 210-220 but I still don't know how long I can push it after the "Low Fuel" warning comes on.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
it is nice for trips, isn't it? my fiance complained about the seats because of her back, but i just didn't understand, because i was more than fine for the ride (3+hrs)

i've managed to pull ~280 from one tank, but that's the best i've ever gotten, but i also wasn't driving hard at all, and it was mostly freeway, i average 200-220 depending on how i've been driving up until the gas light comes on

·
Registered
453 Posts
Its comfortable til you hit 3 hours of traffic going to disneyland and cant feel your left foot anymore from clutching between 1st and 2nd gear :(

The seats are great though, gotta love the way they hug your ass on curves :D

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
BlackRedline, I was at disneyland on 12/31 1/1 new years. When were you there? My redline is black too!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I love driving the car on long trips as well, it's so comfortable and a hell of a lot of fun too....I must be babying mine more than everyone else cause I have a little less than 1/4 tank right now and I have 248 miles on this tank so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts