Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a letter in the mail today recalling the car for the cam position sensor seal. It says that the seal may fail prematurely and cause and engine oil leak that may cause engine damage.

Second to the last paragraph reads:
"If you have had previous repairs for the camshaft position sensor housing seal, it will still be necessary to have this program performed on your vehicle"

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yeah, my Service Manager told me about this on Monday when i had my PCM flashed, but i havent received my letter yet. They were just told about it on Monday and didnt have the new seals in yet, but call your dealership within the next week or two to schedule getting this new seal put in. I guess the seal just leaks a little oil in some cases and they told me that it is not really a safety issue other than the fact that you'll be leaking oil in the inging compartment. They figured about 1-2 weeks when i was in earlier this week for the new seals, but maybe your dealer has them in now.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just found out about that today when I took my car in again. Having a Saturn Tech coming in from spring hill to take a look at my car. Since I still have a starting problem. They are also doing the the recall since its already there.

·
Registered
754 Posts
EvenStar said:
Would this be for 04's AND 05's?

Yes I just had my 05 done.Just call the dealer and give your last 8 vin numbers and he will look it up.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Sure was nice of them to do it all at once for me. They changed the sensor the seal and the computer programming. All i wanted was the program but they were told me its gonna take 5 hours. I was like WHAT. they said they were doing a few other recalls on it while its in. Man I love my dealership. They offered me lunch and a loaner for the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts