Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:eek:
Here is where things stand with the headers.
http://www.scdyne.com/images/rlheader/
The link is a series of images of one of the headers I picked up the rest of on Saturday. Id really like to disclose the name of the company responsible for the multiple delays and this (what they are calling) final product, but I'm bound by a confidentially agreement and they would just deny it anyhow. At any rate take a look at the images and if what you see is acceptable then I will send them off, but if not then let me know and Ill make arrangements for a refund.
Since there are a number of Saturn retailers waiting for product including that already accounted for by customers our primary distributor made arrangements to have another company with a proven track record produce the header from now on. Should you decide to accept the headers I have at this time I will be glad to exchange it for a new down before the end of the summer when the new ones become available. The key difference between the current header and the new design will be the finish. The new company has different tooling so it ‘may’ look a little different and they do the polishing in house.
So that's where things stand.
Adam Chant

So hopefully this is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help him. :D

Seriously I've tried to stay positive about this through out the whole thing. It's part of my new zen thinking.lol

So lets hope for the best. He very well could just be embarrassed by this whole thing.

And yes I told him I want it.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The header is not coated which will make it susceptible to rust and possibly cracking. As much as we paid for these things and all the delays, excuses etc. do you really want to rely on being able to exchange this for a chromed one by the end of summer?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plus with coating sometimes its good and sometimes it can be the cause of the problems, i.e. cracking. Plus I can always get it coated for cheap if I feel it is needed. Plus this wont see snow or salt so its not a huge concern.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Well, I just called a good friend of mine who is a great car mechanic with many years expirience with performance upgrades. He has an SHO that smoked a modded Z06 on a regular basis and can even beat a few sport bikes from a roll.

He told me the same as lineoyz just said. If it is stainless steel then there shouldn't be a problem with it at all. It may rust over time but it would be many, many years before that would cause a notable problem (ie. holes, cracking etc.)

Screw it. I'm just gonna go for it, I think. I really trust this guy's opinion and that's the reason I called him to inquire.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Lies, lies, lies

If you actually do recieve a header and decide to keep it, I would get it Jet-Hot coated.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not lies. I have a header(that is not coated) on my MR2 and it has over 190,000 miles and over 400whp on it and it still looks pretty damn good. But it has never seen a MI winter or salt.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
myredline said:
not lies. I have a header(that is not coated) on my MR2 and it has over 190,000 miles and over 400whp on it and it still looks pretty damn good. But it has never seen a MI winter or salt.

I live in Texas so salt would not be an issue at all. :D

I just emailed Adam and said to go ahead and send it. I also told him that I expect a tracking # within the next day or two. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It allows more of the exhaust to flow faster from the system. Which creates less back pressure and giving it more horse power.

Basically it allows it to breath better.

sorry for the spelling it has been a long day.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn it you are fast. You beat me to it. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
myredline said:
It allows more of the exhaust to flow faster from the system. Which creates less back pressure and giving it more horse power.

Basically it allows it to breath better.
Thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
I know we're all more anxious now then ever before but I would think we woudln't get a tracking number until late Weds or Thurs because of administrative coordination between the manufacturer and Scdyne.

I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
redlin-er said:
I know we're all more anxious now then ever before but I would think we woudln't get a tracking number until late Weds or Thurs because of administrative coordination between the manufacturer and Scdyne.

I hope I'm wrong.

His email claimed he picked them all up on Saturday, so I would think he'd try and get them out as soon as possible.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts