Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just got back from my first trip to a drag strip and not to bad. My best run was 14.64 @ 95.97 :) Out of 14 runns Most of my times were 14.7-15 flat with one 15.3 :mad: I never had a run with out either bogging a little, wheel hop, or spinning so I know I can do better.

Heres a couple of runns worth mentioning:
Lost to a mustang that ran a 10.202 @ 135.4
beat a S/C Focus ZX3. I ran a 14.784 @ 94.45 and he ran [email protected]
beat a turbo miata (8 psi). I ran a [email protected] and he ran a [email protected]
beat a eagle talon (turbo, AWD,15 psi). I ran [email protected] and he ran a [email protected]
Best run: I beat a Focus SVT (all bolt ons, pulley, 55 shot). I ran a [email protected] and he ran [email protected]

I cant wait to go back now that I know what Im doing!!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got all the slips but no scanner. I have a K&N CAI and Cat-back. I know I should be able to hit between 14.2-14.4 now that I know how to launch on a strip, shift points, ect...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
gm3saturn said:
I got all the slips but no scanner. I have a K&N CAI and Cat-back. I know I should be able to hit between 14.2-14.4 now that I know how to launch on a strip, shift points, ect...
where were you shifting at? I basically shifted at redline when I went out.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ran to redline a couple of times, tried running short 55-5800, but mostly shifted as close to 6000 as I could. The hardest part for me was finding the sweet spot between hopping the wheels and bogging out.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Which track did you go to? A few of us just met up and went to Milan tonight. None of us ran :( just spectated. Nice runs though. Did you meet Ionchick from Team Hayasa?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jpapa said:
Which track did you go to? A few of us just met up and went to Milan tonight. None of us ran :( just spectated. Nice runs though. Did you meet Ionchick from Team Hayasa?
I went to lappeer dragway, with most of team hayasa. Im actually on the team, thus the sig/avatar

·
the HepKitty
2,127 Posts
Next time out, remove all items from your trunk including the spare tire/jack assembly, run a 1/4 tank of gas.

lower your front tire pressure as well, while leaving the rear tire pressure alone....

do a slight dry burnout/scratch simply to remove debris from the threads and slightly heat them up...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Do you hit the water at all MT?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Do you hit the water at all MT?
unless your running Dr's or slicks your gonna want to avoid the water box. It won't help you and you will piss the other racers off by dragging water down the track.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
clownhair said:
unless your running Dr's or slicks your gonna want to avoid the water box. It won't help you and you will piss the other racers off by dragging water down the track.
Thanks, that's what I've heard. Nothing like pissing off a bunch of guys at the strip your first time out...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Thanks, that's what I've heard. Nothing like pissing off a bunch of guys at the strip your first time out...
i kept pissing of the lady in the staging lanes that tells you when to pull up towards the track, wasn't too bad, but i had my hood open one time, and another my car was off when she said to go and she gave me the evil eye/headshake...

nice times by the way, did you feel a noticable difference with the exhaust? i might sell my intake to pay for a custom job to replace the muffler and 2.25" section of piping.

(i've got secret plans for my intake setup)

the K&N was getting really hot, and i'm sure that's no good...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
haunter said:
you could bring a sprayer and hit the intake with it

mine ges really not as on the S cars it sits on teh radiator hose
no, i've got plans for it. the stock setup is good, as is stated by PSI, if anything the gains gained from cold air kits are likely because of the goofy ass way the stock filter gets air from only that little hole, and struggles for it on the rest of the filter. putting in a different filter that doesn't block the hole would likely yeild the same results while getting "cold air"

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sp00ner said:
If you have never gone before ever the best thing to do is tell the lane worker that its your first time. They are very helpful and will tell you what to do. When I went for the first time 3 years ago the lady even got on her headset and told the staging guy and he made sure to lend me a hand also.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Here is basicaly how it goes.

There will be staging lanes that you are waiting in. A track worker will tell you when to roll up into the boxes. Avoid the water when you pull onto the track, and sit there while the racers in front of you take off. You can roll up closer as the two ahead of you are making there runs, but don't stage yet. There will be another person at the tree to tell you when it is ok to stage. When they give you the go ahead, roll up into the lights till they both come on. Now you are staged shallow, if you want to stage deep than roll up a little more till the top light goes out, now you are staged deep. Be careful, because as soon as you move you will trip the lights.

At the track where I run, they have the water all the way in the back of the box, so you can't run through it. There will be a guy there that will direct you back if you wanna do a burnout, than he will pull you back out of the water and give you the "light em' up" signal.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Ever have to worry about rolling while the tree drops? (holding the clutch in) I was just thinking about that too...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.