Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back home with my 04 Redline and I am very satisfied so far...... The only bad thing is that the dealer did not have my owners manual, so they are going to get me one next week. Can somebody fill me in on the break-in procedure?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congratulations! Hope you love it as we all do!

Break in period, people say anywere from 1500-3000.

Not sure, I got mine shortly after they came out and my dealer told me for the first 500 miles to actually take it through the entire rpm range, but not to beat it, to get the supercharge functioning at max. I don't know if this was good or bad, I have 6300miles now, still running fine. lol. I'd be safe and go until ur first oil change.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
HersheyRedLine said:
Congratulations! Hope you love it as we all do!

Break in period, people say anywere from 1500-3000.

Not sure, I got mine shortly after they came out and my dealer told me for the first 500 miles to actually take it through the entire rpm range, but not to beat it, to get the supercharge functioning at max. I don't know if this was good or bad, I have 6300miles now, still running fine. lol. I'd be safe and go until ur first oil change.
vary your rpms for the first 500, and be easy on her until you do your first oil change at least

1 - 8 of 8 Posts