Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got myself a blue '05 redline. have to say i'm really enjoying the car so far. but like all car junkies, i'm already looking up. been taking a look at the DUB pulley setup, and it's smallest pulley will get u 18psi of boost. what kind of mods will i need to compliment boost that high? pretty sure that i would need PCM tuning (where could i get that done?) i'm also guessing that a fuel system upgrade may be necessary, or is the stock system capable of supporting 18psi? anything else i would need to upgrade in order to run that much boost?

this is my first boosted car and i'm just learning, i'm assuming the short block is strong enough to handle that much power, because i've heard alot of praise for the 2.0 ecotec's strength.

just i just shoot straight for the most boost? or would it be smarter to go up maybe 1 or 2 psi at first? then work my way up?

i just got beat by an srt-4, and it was damn close... that's why i'm looking at mods. so my last question would be, what would i need to take out stock srt-4s? prolly not alot cuz he got me by maybe half a car length.

well alright guys, any and all help is appreciated. i figured this would be the best place to go for advice.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
blu05redline said:
just got myself a blue '05 redline. have to say i'm really enjoying the car so far. but like all car junkies, i'm already looking up. been taking a look at the DUB pulley setup, and it's smallest pulley will get u 18psi of boost. what kind of mods will i need to compliment boost that high? pretty sure that i would need PCM tuning (where could i get that done?) i'm also guessing that a fuel system upgrade may be necessary, or is the stock system capable of supporting 18psi? anything else i would need to upgrade in order to run that much boost?

this is my first boosted car and i'm just learning, i'm assuming the short block is strong enough to handle that much power, because i've heard alot of praise for the 2.0 ecotec's strength.

just i just shoot straight for the most boost? or would it be smarter to go up maybe 1 or 2 psi at first? then work my way up?

i just got beat by an srt-4, and it was damn close... that's why i'm looking at mods. so my last question would be, what would i need to take out stock srt-4s? prolly not alot cuz he got me by maybe half a car length.

well alright guys, any and all help is appreciated. i figured this would be the best place to go for advice.
Decisions, desisions... spend some time looking, there's much debate....

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
yeah the debate. Hmm here I go

1) header. theres only one on the market but you will never see it. Those of us who bought it got it 6 months later to find out the workmanship sucks. So no headers out yet.

2) Cold Air Intake. Much contriversy over this one. K&N has one Injen has one there is a member on here that makes them as well. Over all the only dynos I have seen to prove gains over a base line were the barrys mod intake. The rest were we make this much power. But did you baseline NOOOO. So I will assume they all suck becuase they could not R&D the car.

3) exhaust. find a shop git-r-done. there are 0 bolt on kits available. I have 3 inch some have 2.5 some I think are using some type of straws Im not sure. They are all 1 of a kind though

4) Pulleys. There are a million companys that sell them. Get one press it on and presto more boost. If you can figure out how to get around the motors limiting it. There are a few who have done it but the way it was done does not sit well with me at all. I see premature failure soon.

5) power kits. PsiFi has been working on one since december. Enough said

6) Water injection. Get a good kit with a decent controler. Enjoy up to 20 more hp with that. That is one I reccomend first. It will keep the KR down which will allow more timing and more power. Get it.

7) Me. I sell no performance just traction part. I sell the thing that removes wheel hop when installed correctly. Keeps your shifting smoother, no wheel hop which saves axels and motor mounts. Get one becuase I said so.

Thats about it so far.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
goofyguy said:
4) Pulleys. There are a million companys that sell them. Get one press it on and presto more boost. If you can figure out how to get around the motors limiting it. There are a few who have done it but the way it was done does not sit well with me at all. I see premature failure soon.
even without bypassing the limiter you will make more boost, it just won't hold it all the way to redline.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You could also do Nitrous as well. I have looked into it some and I was thinking either a dry shot (50 shot) before the MAF or putting a 75 wet shot into the intake manifold.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Gotta go after the intercooler coils...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
goofyguy said:
yeah the debate. Hmm here I go

1) header. theres only one on the market but you will never see it. Those of us who bought it got it 6 months later to find out the workmanship sucks. So no headers out yet.

2) Cold Air Intake. Much contriversy over this one. K&N has one Injen has one there is a member on here that makes them as well. Over all the only dynos I have seen to prove gains over a base line were the barrys mod intake. The rest were we make this much power. But did you baseline NOOOO. So I will assume they all suck becuase they could not R&D the car.

3) exhaust. find a shop git-r-done. there are 0 bolt on kits available. I have 3 inch some have 2.5 some I think are using some type of straws Im not sure. They are all 1 of a kind though

5) power kits. PsiFi has been working on one since december. Enough said

6) Water injection. Get a good kit with a decent controler. Enjoy up to 20 more hp with that. That is one I reccomend first. It will keep the KR down which will allow more timing and more power. Get it.

7) Me. I sell no performance just traction part. I sell the thing that removes wheel hop when installed correctly. Keeps your shifting smoother, no wheel hop which saves axels and motor mounts. Get one becuase I said so.

Thats about it so far.
got a couple more questions... what is barrys mod? by power kit do u mean power tuning? i've never heard of PsiFi before... (sorry told u i am new to boosted small engines). water injection... what does it do? do u have a container of water and something sprays it in your intake? what is KR?

going back to my first post... what needs to be upgraded in order for the engine to handle 18psi of boost?

i've seen you're torque braces, and i do plan to get a pair. wheelhop sucks

thanks for ur patience, please forgive me i am really just learning about forced induction

1 - 7 of 7 Posts