Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was surprised that there was a forum for Redline owners. Boy do we have a lot to discuss. A little bio first. We currently have 5 Saturn's in my household. 2 03 EFX Ions, 2 02 SC2 ( 1 EFX ) and of course my new baby 04 Silver w/all option's except XM and Onstar. All of our cars can be seen on Saturnfans.com site under username of course Barry. Now about my Redline. Despite all the bad press, I wanted to see if Saturn could come thru and produce a out of the box high performance car. With my past experience with Saturn I was sure I was making the right choice. I Did!. The car exceeded my expectation's. I at this point have 1600 miles and have "no complaints". The rev limiter is there for a reason. I have noticed that at first the limiter kicked in early in first gear and still does but in 2nd gear I have not noticed it kickicking in untill into the redline. The senior tech at the dealership advised thet he thought the the rev limiter would gradually be elavated in all the gears except 1st after about 1500 miles. He was right. My fuel economy has improved as well. Without backing off the pedal it has gone from 20-21 MPG to 23-24 MPG. I would be surprised if it improved beyond this point. But who knows? Saturn is full of surprises. We are "THE SATURN fAMILY". STAY TUNED FOR MORE POST'S.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope we will never see it again. Thank's

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all. Thinking about getting a RL after test driving it the other night. Just wondering how much faster it can be made and how much more $ it will take. It definately surprised me. Im not planning on racing WRX's or SRT's but coming from a Supra, I would expect some get up and go.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To me it was worth the money. Beleive me it has plenty of get up and go. Besides, the overall appearance is threatning. The masses are not used to seeing Saturn's with an attitude and performance to match.

·
Banned
177 Posts
GM has some toys in the pipeline for later this year.
Saturn motorsports is looking at a few things from minor to HARD CORE that will probably be decided on around SEMA time.
I have some stuff that I'm working on with a few companies, but only time will tell when they appear and who will be offering them.

DC Sports is supposed to have a header for the ION, but a supercharged header and a N/A header are designed totally different so slapping the DC header on a RL will probably choke the motor more than help it.
Some people have eyeballed the Pacesetter and RK sport headers only to find that they don't fit on the ION because of how the exhaust is routed and how close the CAT is to the manifold.

For now it's going to be almost 6 months before any RedLine specific performance part comes out, but next year with the cobalt out too it's going to be a BIG healthy market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts