Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pulled away from him pretty bad.....I was driving down I95 when I saw those two little exause pipes....I knew it had to be an SRT-4.......so I gave the Saturn all she had and killed the little Neon

I dunno.......maybe the guy driving the truck carrying it missed a gear or something :D

·
Registered
808 Posts
lmao ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
8 Posts
good kill!! I've been lookin' for a redline around my area, but have never come across one. I did get a ride in one w/a couple mods and pulled nice!

·
Registered
296 Posts
SRT4FURY said:
Just because you fly by someone at a buck ten or whatever on the highway, dosen't mean you beat them. Now if you were to pull up next to the other driver and you both agree to race and you win thats different. The other driver probably didn't even notice you until you passed him or he didn't really want to risk the speeding ticket. One more thing the Hyundia Tiburon also has twin tail pipes and its tail lights look very much like an SRT4's. The Tib also has a similiar rear wing and those Tibs are only like 170 hp.
I guess you didn't notice, or perhaps didn't bother to read, the last line of Smurf's initial post. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
SRT4FURY said:
Just because you fly by someone at a buck ten or whatever on the highway, dosen't mean you beat them. Now if you were to pull up next to the other driver and you both agree to race and you win thats different. The other driver probably didn't even notice you until you passed him or he didn't really want to risk the speeding ticket. One more thing the Hyundia Tiburon also has twin tail pipes and its tail lights look very much like an SRT4's. The Tib also has a similiar rear wing and those Tibs are only like 170 hp.
damn i own a srt-4 and this fuckin srt-4 owner is a fuckin idiot read the rest of the post before you try capping on someone. I swear some neon owner i hate them they are so fuckin cocky i can understand why the rl family is pissed at us neon owners its idiots like him that give us a bad name

·
Registered
29 Posts
thats cool. I like humor around car enthusiasts and people having fits over who's faster better.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
SRT4FURY said:
Here is a great example of an SRT TOOL. He doesn't bother to read the complete story, or even better he doesn't UNDERSTAND it, then he goes and registers just to open up his mouth and yell "Hey look at me, I'm a TOOL from SRT-4 Forums!".

Monkey dick.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well i guess youll get those types of posts when you make a stupid thread about how you beat an SRT-4 that was being hauled to/from the dealer.

·
Registered
296 Posts
ProjectSRT said:
Well i guess youll get those types of posts when you make a stupid thread about how you beat an SRT-4 that was being hauled to/from the dealer.
No... stupid is reading a post (or perhaps, NOT reading the post carefully) and then not recognizing humor or satire. :rolleyes:

I hoped that SRT-4 owners would be more clever than that. With a few notable exceptions, I guess I was overly optimistic.

·
Registered
296 Posts
ProjectSRT said:
Well i guess ill give ya that. How that guy didnt see that last part of the post, is beyond me.
Good response, props...
My guess is he didn't want to see it... got a bit hot under the collar after the first paragraph and became a bit incensed/irrational.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
jmichna said:
No... stupid is reading a post (or perhaps, NOT reading the post carefully) and then not recognizing humor or satire. :rolleyes:

I hoped that SRT-4 owners would be more clever than that. With a few notable exceptions, I guess I was overly optimistic.
This is most likely the case, then again it could be a big dose of insecurity. After all, they have been the only domestic challenger to the import invasion and have been top dog. Now comes along GM with 2 cars, the Red Line ION and Cobalt SS, that could and most likely will knock them out of the big dog spot. Historicallly, anything GM performance has been better than anything MOPAR performance. There was way more parts for the small block chevy made than for all MOPAR enginges combined. Once the ECOtec engine hits more mainstream, the same should follow suit. Look at how many vehicles are having the engine installed into them compared to 3 model years ago. Light/small cars with 4cyls will be the ECOtec. The sporty version of these cars will have a higher horsepower version, it will only be a matter of time. History will repeat itself, just like the way the MOPAR crowd started out with a dominate 426 HEMI engine in the 60s only to be shut down by a variety of GM cars with better power to weight ratio.

The best example is Popular Hot Rodding had a 66 Plymouth Fury with the race delete option and a 426/425HP Hemi. They could not get GM to give them a 66 Nova SS to match against it, but they did find a privately owned one and it was off to the streets of Detroit. The magazine article went on to say how they lined up the cars 6 or 7 times and ran them off and the little 327/350 HP Nove kicked that bloated Hemi's ass all over the street each and every time.
The only class that MOPAR dominated in NHRA was SS/A & SS/AA, that was owned by a Fury or 'Cuda w/426 Hemi. In the grand scheme of things in drag racing history, GM powered vehicles are & have been the dominate force and presence. This is something that has pissed off the MOPAR and Ford boys and always will.

·
Registered
173 Posts
We All Have 4 Squirrles Under Our Hoods, Some Like Boost And Then Some Like Lag

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
This is most likely the case, then again it could be a big dose of insecurity. After all, they have been the only domestic challenger to the import invasion and have been top dog. Now comes along GM with 2 cars, the Red Line ION and Cobalt SS, that could and most likely will knock them out of the big dog spot. Historicallly, anything GM performance has been better than anything MOPAR performance. There was way more parts for the small block chevy made than for all MOPAR enginges combined. Once the ECOtec engine hits more mainstream, the same should follow suit. Look at how many vehicles are having the engine installed into them compared to 3 model years ago. Light/small cars with 4cyls will be the ECOtec. The sporty version of these cars will have a higher horsepower version, it will only be a matter of time. History will repeat itself, just like the way the MOPAR crowd started out with a dominate 426 HEMI engine in the 60s only to be shut down by a variety of GM cars with better power to weight ratio.

The best example is Popular Hot Rodding had a 66 Plymouth Fury with the race delete option and a 426/425HP Hemi. They could not get GM to give them a 66 Nova SS to match against it, but they did find a privately owned one and it was off to the streets of Detroit. The magazine article went on to say how they lined up the cars 6 or 7 times and ran them off and the little 327/350 HP Nove kicked that bloated Hemi's ass all over the street each and every time.
The only class that MOPAR dominated in NHRA was SS/A & SS/AA, that was owned by a Fury or 'Cuda w/426 Hemi. In the grand scheme of things in drag racing history, GM powered vehicles are & have been the dominate force and presence. This is something that has pissed off the MOPAR and Ford boys and always will.
Who can forget the Nova's of the 80's too? Those where nice cars. LOL Don't go Postal on me Blu I'm just kiding around.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts