Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right. Due to the recent WRX troll plague around here, I saw one on the road today.

I caught up to him and made sure we were side by side at the next light. I rolled down my window and rev'd at him. He shook his head like, "Yeah, let's go."

As soon as the light changed, his AWD gave him about a half a car jump through first. When I put the RL in second, I was pulling on him. I had a fender on him by the time I put her in third. After that, "Say goodnight, Gracie!!!"

At the next light, he rolled down his window and asked about my car. I told him it was supercharged from factory and I had removed the airbox, put a K&N on it, had a header and Magnaflow muffler. I asked him what he had and he said he had exhaust and a short ram intake.

He said, "That's a fast Saturn. I didn't expect you to beat me." I replied, "Yeah, that's what they all say." We both laughed and the light changed and we both gave a thumbs up and went about our day.

Really cool guy. So....it CAN be done. Just so all you trolls sippin' on your glass of "Hater-ade" know. :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thats awesome man! Sweet run on that suby. It makes it great when the guy is cool about it as well. I was following a Infinity G35 just about 10 min ago before i got home wasnt being aggressive or anything and he started goosing it so i followed suit... was fun, and he didnt lose me at all, tho he wasnt WOT i dont think. (or was he?) =D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping he would take the bait. I just had to see for myself. Unless they are driving an STi, these WRX fanboys need to STFU.

I pulled like hell on him in third. Basically, our cars were pretty much even as far as mods go. The only thing I had on him was a header.

·
Registered
888 Posts
JPK said:
That's right. Due to the recent WRX troll plague around here, I saw one on the road today.

I caught up to him and made sure we were side by side at the next light. I rolled down my window and rev'd at him. He shook his head like, "Yeah, let's go."

As soon as the light changed, his AWD gave him about a half a car jump through first. When I put the RL in second, I was pulling on him. I had a fender on him by the time I put her in third. After that, "Say goodnight, Gracie!!!"

At the next light, he rolled down his window and asked about my car. I told him it was supercharged from factory and I had removed the airbox, put a K&N on it, had a header and Magnaflow muffler. I asked him what he had and he said he had exhaust and a short ram intake.

He said, "That's a fast Saturn. I didn't expect you to beat me." I replied, "Yeah, that's what they all say." We both laughed and the light changed and we both gave a thumbs up and went about our day.

Really cool guy. So....it CAN be done. Just so all you trolls sippin' on your glass of "Hater-ade" know. :D

Nice run, and anyone that doubts a RL can beat a WRX is a fool, the cars are very close and like i have said many times its near impossible to find two amazing drivers to push both cars to their potentials. A WRX would be able to hold off a STOCK RL from a stop, but from a roll the RL is going to slowly walk a wrx. By the way the short ram intake hurts the wrx's performance.

·
Registered
888 Posts
JPK said:
I was hoping he would take the bait. I just had to see for myself. Unless they are driving an STi, these WRX fanboys need to STFU.

I pulled like hell on him in third. Basically, our cars were pretty much even as far as mods go. The only thing I had on him was a header.
ok now you are making yourself look a little dumb. No way you pulled him like hell in 3rd gear unless he left off, the WRX is quick all the way through third gear, its 4th gear in which it dies off. The two cars trap very similiar and with the mods listed the RL might have 2mph faster trap then the wrx in a 1/4 mile race, if you pulled him like hell he let off. I don't doubt for one minute you beat him, i have seen plently of WRX's run 15s at the track which means you could have easily beating him, but you are going a little overboard by saying you pulled him like hell.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
elohdaeh78 said:
ok now you are making yourself look a little dumb. No way you pulled him like hell in 3rd gear unless he left off, the WRX is quick all the way through third gear, its 4th gear in which it dies off. The two cars trap very similiar and with the mods listed the RL might have 2mph faster trap then the wrx in a 1/4 mile race, if you pulled him like hell he let off.
Sorry to hurt egos here. Just telling you guys what happened. I could hear his engine the whole time and he DID NOT let off.

Ok, I don't mean like I pulled a bus length on him, but third is where I won the race. I had a fender on him by the end of second and pulled out in front by the end of third. Maybe "pulled like hell" was a bit of an exaggeration, but I beat him.

Just face it, your precious WRX CAN be beat by a "lowly Saturn". :p

Accept it. Suck on it, even. :D

·
Registered
808 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
ok now you are making yourself look a little dumb. No way you pulled him like hell in 3rd gear unless he left off, the WRX is quick all the way through third gear, its 4th gear in which it dies off. The two cars trap very similiar and with the mods listed the RL might have 2mph faster trap then the wrx in a 1/4 mile race, if you pulled him like hell he let off. I don't doubt for one minute you beat him, i have seen plently of WRX's run 15s at the track which means you could have easily beating him, but you are going a little overboard by saying you pulled him like hell.
JUst a clarification jpk said he was in third, how can he know what gear the other guy was in?

·
Registered
888 Posts
JPK said:
Sorry to hurt egos here. Just telling you guys what happened. I could hear his engine the whole time and he DID NOT let off.

Ok, I don't mean like a pulled a bus length on him, but third is where I won the race. I had a fender on him by the end of second and pulled out in front by the end of third. Maybe "pulled like hell" was a bit of an exaggeration, but I beat him.

Just face it, your precious WRX CAN be beat by a "lowly Saturn". :p

Accept it. Suck on it, even. :D
Why do you have to have an attitude about this? Suck on it? Precious WRX? I never doubted that a RL couldn't beat a WRX, i still believe with both cars driven perfectly the WRX can and will hold a RL off through the 1/4, but its not only the car that wins the race its also the driver. I also think that the RL propertly driven will take a wrx from a 40mph and up roll. Both the 1/4 mile and the 40mph are going to be close races, cause these cars are both close, and i don't think my WRX is precious, its an ok car, i never go around bragging about it, to me its pretty slow since my last car was a Turbo Supra.

·
Registered
291 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
he said he was in third gear and didn't say anthing about the wrx. i know the redline can hit about 97 mabey 100 in third and it pulls pretty hard all the way up, how about the wrx

·
Registered
888 Posts
johnboy8221 said:
he said he was in third gear and didn't say anthing about the wrx. i know the redline can hit about 97 mabey 100 in third and it pulls pretty hard all the way up, how about the wrx
WRX can hit about 96 or so in 3rd gear.

·
Registered
888 Posts
if the race went up to 100mph or the wrx shifted some point into 4th gear then you would walk him pretty hard, but if the wrx pushed out third gear all the way to redline at around 96 or so mph, the race would still be really close, you wouldn't be pulling him hard, maybe the wrx did shift into 4th in that case you would have walked him pretty good.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
Why do you have to have an attitude about this? Suck on it? Precious WRX? I never doubted that a RL couldn't beat a WRX, i still believe with both cars driven perfectly the WRX can and will hold a RL off through the 1/4, but its not only the car that wins the race its also the driver. I also think that the RL propertly driven will take a wrx from a 40mph and up roll. Both the 1/4 mile and the 40mph are going to be close races, cause these cars are both close, and i don't think my WRX is precious, its an ok car, i never go around bragging about it, to me its pretty slow since my last car was a Turbo Supra.
He's aiming his attitude at our friend there. Yes, he's going overboard, but his sudden 'dickish-ness' is due to the fact that you're getting inbetween what he sees as a good chance to make that kid crazy. That's all. I'm sure if you go look at his previous posts, you'll find him agreeing with most of what you said. It's just a little residual hatred coming out! :D

·
Registered
888 Posts
Sp00ner said:
He's aiming his attitude at our friend there. Yes, he's going overboard, but his sudden 'dickish-ness' is due to the fact that you're getting inbetween what he sees as a good chance to make that kid crazy. That's all. I'm sure if you go look at his previous posts, you'll find him agreeing with most of what you said. It's just a little residual hatred coming out! :D

I tried to ignore that WRX troll cause it just takes one tool like him to make the people on this forum think WRX owners are immature little fucks. I didn't realize that the attitude was towards or because of him, i haven't been paying attention to the posts that WRXDRIVA or whatever his name has been responding to. Sorry

·
Registered
173 Posts
WRX Driver Is A TOOL!:9

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
its like that alot around here.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts