Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some video the other day just of me messing around. When i get an actual camera in the spring\summer and it's warm out I will try to take a lot better stuff. Let me know what you think. Car is 100% stock.

http://www.loyaltypainting.com/movie/mine1.wmv

Right Click Save As.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Pretty cool. I love seeing the needle on the speedo go from 35 to 75 in nothing flat! BTW, you have over 3000 miles on it and I was wondering if you've noticed a change in performance since some people believe that the car breaks in after 3000 miles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just turned 5500 miles. I put in the K&N filter and disconnected the battery for about a half hour. My rev limiter now kicks in at 6600 rpm.

·
Registered
453 Posts
redline14 said:
Pretty cool. I love seeing the needle on the speedo go from 35 to 75 in nothing flat! BTW, you have over 3000 miles on it and I was wondering if you've noticed a change in performance since some people believe that the car breaks in after 3000 miles.

I think its the combo of the 3k/ oil change/ air filter. Although after my 5500 oil change, I noticed a boost in power. Always feels fast after those oil changes :D

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
He was spinning though. If you notice the Needle drops back down. I've Theoretically hit 70 mph from stop in 2 seconds. Thanks to snow and my Dunlops.

·
Registered
556 Posts
What a pleasant surprise!

I was expecting another one of those "shaky" camcorder videos of watching a Redline drive by real fast (mind you, I'll watch every one).

But, no! We actually get to see something fresh with a dash (excuse the pun) of artistic flare. Nice job!

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the positive feedback....hopefully i will have enough money to buy a real camcorder this spring and make a real movie then i can use my digital camera to take footage of the tach and speedo while racing down the 1/4mile....and or screwing around on the streets.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
taped to the steering column and zoomed in. I have a mini tripod i put it on, folding the tripod up and swiviling the head so the camera is facing up and just duct taped it to the steering column. The tripod is like 3 inches long. Good old injanutity (spelling).

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
NIVO88T said:
whats with this video making left and right...

whos got what for performance parts!

anyone get some serious stuff yet?

Come on people the car has been out for awhile now!
Major Mods out: None.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
That is true, yet, there is a demand from a small group. We still could use parts, just, we can't get them.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
NIVO88T said:
Demand for these mods? 1 out of every 20 RL's sold.

sometimes for companies it not worth doing R&D if they are only going to sell 20 headers, or 20 exhausts etc...

That may be true except for the fact that the Cobalt SS will benefit from the vast majority of the same mods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts