Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in niles ohio and i have a 3000gt vr4 with greedy turbos ( i am also running a 75 hp zex kit). but any way this kid in a redline pulled up next to me and asked me if i wanted to race so i said yes so we went at it. he asked me if i was stock and i told him know i asked him if that was a ion redline he said yes. i said that is cool so lets see what it will do so we took off he stayed right with me till 2 and then i was ahead by a bit. now befor u guys start saying that i am hear saying your cars suck and stuff like that i am looking in to geting one in september. i also think when u guys get some parts for them u guys will be right up there with the mustangs. and for u mustang guys you think your cars are fast they are not u guys put them up against a car that is half of what u have and u think u are fast ( i helped build a civic that killed mustangs in racing) so u redline guys just keep your heads up u are going against cars that have a lot more motor than u.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont put my cars up against cars that I know are half of what mine is. But if one comes my way and wants to run and I beat him and tell others about it whats wrong with that. Its the facts. I'll definately give an RL props if he kills me too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not trying to be an ass or anything but i had alot of trouble reading your post fastimport.

Again, not trying to be an ass but one of my biggest pet peeve is when someone has a name like "fastimport" or "importracer" or "reallyfastcivic". It just gets on my nerves a lil, how am i supposed to know if you fast or not? what is fast to you a 14.8 sec pass? Not dissing on you man i am sure your shit is quick just speaking my mind.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
performance

i have not taken it to the track yet i sold it to my friend and he lets me drive it a lot. well i have two greddy (TD04L-13G) i have 3.5 inch exhaust with two greddy street performance sp2 made to fit i have a zex wet kit 75 shot and the motor has been rebuilt it has stage 3sx ported and ploished gen 1 heads, fidanza adjustable aluminum cam gears, webcam custom hard-weld racing cams, ross custom pistons for the vr4, crower rods, it also is a 6g72 shortblock, and a hks frount mount intercooler i have not dynoed it yet but want to.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
y the name

the reason i have this name is that my five year old cuzin made it for me now for fast i went and saw a supra run a 7 sec run not street leagal but for a street car like a redline 14.8 is fast but would like to see them get into the mid 12 or high 11

·
Registered
62 Posts
fastimportracer said:
the reason i have this name is that my five year old cuzin made it for me now for fast i went and saw a supra run a 7 sec run not street leagal but for a street car like a redline 14.8 is fast but would like to see them get into the mid 12 or high 11
Like everyone i have different speed ratings

Slow
It Scoots
peppy
quick
fast
HOLY SHIT!

what cars fit in are

Slow = toyota prius
It Scoots= Scion XA
peppy = Civic SI
quick= Srt-4, RL, Cobalt SS
Fast= Viper
HOLY SHIT= sub 9 secound cars.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I dont ever call my car fast and i dont put it up against cars with half of what i have. If one comes along, with his Kit and horsepower stickers that runs a 16.7 and revs at me of course i am gonna show him whats up. I dont go out looking for it. Hell i even raced trans ams before that i knew would kill me just to see how fast they are.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Chexmixa said:
Like everyone i have different speed ratings

Slow
It Scoots
peppy
quick
fast
HOLY SHIT!

what cars fit in are

Slow = toyota prius
It Scoots= Scion XA
peppy = Civic SI
quick= Srt-4, RL, Cobalt SS
Fast= Viper
HOLY SHIT= sub 9 secound cars.
what would my car fall under? quick? lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
mbhmustang98 said:
what would my car fall under? quick? lol
in you sig it says it runs a 14.8? at 93mph? I would say quick. You get fast when you hit lower then 12.8 for me. Cause that means your outa the 13s.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Chexmixa said:
in you sig it says it runs a 14.8? at 93mph? I would say quick. You get fast when you hit lower then 12.8 for me. Cause that means your outa the 13s.

Yeah cool thanks. Least its quick! lol

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You could damn near classify it by that exact method Chem... however the hell you spell it... For every second off the 1/4, it gains a level. Starting at the 15 second mark or so. up to 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10 and under...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sp00ner said:
You could damn near classify it by that exact method Chem... however the hell you spell it... For every second off the 1/4, it gains a level. Starting at the 15 second mark or so. up to 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10 and under...
Yeah, like
22-19 1/4 = slow
18.9-17 = it scoots
16.9-15.6 = peppy
15.5-12.9 = quick
12.8-10= fast
less then 10 = HOLY SHIT!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Chexmixa said:
Yeah, like
22-19 1/4 = slow
18.9-17 = it scoots
16.9-15.6 = peppy
15.5-12.9 = quick
12.8-10= fast
less then 10 = HOLY SHIT!

In that case my sl2 is prolly peppy! lol It it pretty quick. My stang will smash it but in first gear to second comes fast. Wonder what gear ratio it has

·
Registered
24 Posts
fastimportracer said:
and for u mustang guys you think your cars are fast they are not u guys put them up against a car that is half of what u have and u think u are fast ( i helped build a civic that killed mustangs in racing) so u redline guys just keep your heads up u are going against cars that have a lot more motor than u.

Doing good until you got to this part, then you started sounding like an idiot... :rolleyes: And would it kill you to use some basic grammar and punctuation?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Heres my speed reaction scale :p

10 - 10.9 Holy shitballs batman!

11 - 11.9 Now thats awesome!

12 - 12.9 Wow

13 - 13.9 Thats pretty fast

14 - 14.9 Thats pretty quick

15 - 15.9 eh, that was it?

16 - 16.9 whale slobber

1 - 20 of 33 Posts