Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw somewhere (cant find it now) an aem cai for the redline for 129 $. Now i dont know if it as good as the K&N but for more than half the price of a single K&N i dont want to waste my hard earned money. does anyone know anymore?

·
Registered
252 Posts
sometimes, no matter how the perfomance difference.

people buy on names they have heard of and trust..

Personally, i will spend more for K&N. because i know who they are, reputation, and i've seen them for a long time...

AEM may be great, but I'd personally spend more for a name i Trust.

Xau

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd go with a cheaper AEM over a K&N any day.

But for $129 I SERIOUSLY doubt its a true CAI. Most short rams cost more than that. Your typical CAI goes for around $250-300. K&N is grossly overpriced and not worth it in my opinion. The AEM will probably make as much or more power.

AEM IS a name you can trust.

·
Registered
710 Posts
No way

There is now such thing as a CAI for $129. Sorry.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
planetSlowCar1 said:

But for $129 I SERIOUSLY doubt its a true CAI. Most short rams cost more than that. Your typical CAI goes for around $250-300. K&N is grossly overpriced and not worth it in my opinion. The AEM will probably make as much or more power.

AEM IS a name you can trust.

Get in on the group buy for the K&N. The price is down to $250 shipped but may go even lower once the head count is higher.

The only thing grossly overpriced is SMS asking $385 for this intake. There are sites popping up now selling it for just over $250.

·
Registered
86 Posts
planetSlowCar1 said:
I used to think the same thing. I bought a K&N 77-series intake kit for my silverado and it installed very very easily. I was working for a company at the time that used K&N as a supplier so I was able to get the kit for $185 which is dealer cost (retail is $266 or so). A friend of mine with a Silverado was going to spend the $266 for a K&N (after I left the company I worked for) but he found the AEM for $243. I said what the hell, it's cheaper and should be just as good. Well the AEM works fine, sounds as good, and should get around the same power but the fit and finish of the K&N was much much better. The bolt holes on the filter shround didn't line up as easily as the K&N. Granted this is just one kit out of thousands and other AEM kits might be different but I'd spend the extra money for the K&N ANY day. They might be overpriced but in this case $23 isn't going to kill me. Sorry for the long post guys.

·
Registered
168 Posts
the intake that aem has yet to put out for the redline will be a short ram not a true cai. also according to their website there intake only made 6hp.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
AEM HAS NO INTAKE FOR THE ION REDLINE!!! When they do, it's a Short Ram, and it's posted on their website. All you have to do with manufacturers, is GO TO THEIR WEBSITE, and look at part numbers, that's it!

·
Registered
516 Posts
The K&N CAI produces about 14hp while the AEM produces about 8hp. While AEM is cheaper K&N is better and will last a lifetime.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here i think they changed the prices because the short rams were alot cheaper. But the 208$ first one sure looks like a cold air intake and is still 50 dollars cheaper than a K&N. Is the 50$ worth the better quality?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
It's not the right intake!!! If you order that, and it fits, please let us know! I can't see how it will, since when you go to the manufacturer's website and look up the info, it pretty clearly states that it's for a different engine.

Now, if you're talking about the AEM short ram vs. the K&N CAI, it's a matter of horsepower. I can't see how there can be a huge difference in build quality for a piece of metal pipe and some rubber fittings. K&N was building air filters before AEM was even a company, hell, wasn't it them that INVENTED the washable air filters? I know when I was about 10 with my dirt bike, there wasn't any other ones to buy...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im gonna get the k&n that website looks like it would be sketchy to order when i know i could get a nice trustworthy k&n cai. Im gonna use that aj usa website for 250 and free shipping but im not sure if they have the blue one.

·
Registered
516 Posts
17w/rl said:
im gonna get the k&n that website looks like it would be sketchy to order when i know i could get a nice trustworthy k&n cai. Im gonna use that aj usa website for 250 and free shipping but im not sure if they have the blue one.
They Might have the blue one cause I just ordered one from that site. If not you can always pick up what you need at Advance auto(usually).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts