1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very cool, but I'm going to wait out the group buy for at least another week, hopefully the slugs who haven't shelled out their clams will cough some up soon.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I just wanted to let people know if they didn't get in on the group buy they can still get it for $255.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The # 69-8431TP is the KN part # for our Car KN quotes it as a ION 2.0L L4 F/I F/I<-- stands for Forced induction.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yah...

I don't want to pull out now and make everyone else have to wait even longer. I'll just wait a week then try to get my money back.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Its not worth the money guys. I and many others did our mods for $50 bucks and I would go out on a limb and say we have more of an hp increase. Im trying to get the car dyno'd so I can see the results. Ill keep ya posted.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Draxxus said:
The # 69-8431TP is the KN part # for our Car KN quotes it as a ION 2.0L L4 F/I F/I<-- stands for Forced induction.
I get the F/I when I look up other models also :confused:

2004 SATURN Ion-3 2.2L L4 F/I - Al

2004 SATURN L300-3 3.0L V6 F/I - All

·
Registered
291 Posts
alredline04 said:
I get the F/I when I look up other models also :confused:

2004 SATURN Ion-3 2.2L L4 F/I - Al

2004 SATURN L300-3 3.0L V6 F/I - All
i'm thinkin it stands for fuel injection

·
Registered
343 Posts
thnaks for the info on that link, i am in on the group buy and will stay in.

I just hope that the group buy doesnt fall through when like 20 people have already paid and are patiently waiting.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm more curious about the $50 dollar modded that was mentioned. Cheaper and for same if not more HP sounds good to me.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I just did...

I just did that mod, removed the air box and snorkle and put a tenzo racing air filter on. I mean it sounds a lot cooler but im still gonna be in on the group buy. The filter is still scooping up warm air. I'm gonna say that the K&N will get a 5-8 better horsepower gain then our mods. Anyone wanna take bets?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Tek said:
Its not worth the money guys. I and many others did our mods for $50 bucks and I would go out on a limb and say we have more of an hp increase. Im trying to get the car dyno'd so I can see the results. Ill keep ya posted.

If you think that chopping your airbox, and using a $29.99 filter is going to give more power than this K&N setup, good luck to you. There is obviously a few things that you should look into on WHY a CAI helps make power, and the compare that with your own. There's a reason that the filter is placed where it is, instead of just lower down in the car, or in the open. If you like your intake, great, I'd rather have my clean, shiny, dyno'd, professional intake setup. Louder does not equal faster. I'd like to know what your basis for saying that there will be more power is.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ditto

I'd rather say I have a K&N Cold Air Intake then, Yah I took a chainsaw to my airbox then baught some crap ass filter at wal-mart. Yah it makes it louder and it added about a million horsepower too.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
unknownsuperhero said:
Group buy for me also, there is no tax and shippin with that one. And I am helpin the redline community.
good lookin' out, also, i've figured out what the final price is for an order of 30 or more, we're lookin' at 215 for the intake alone, and the extra is to cover shipping and paypal fees, check out the GB thread and i've updated the first page with info on it, and how i'll be doing rebates at the end of it all! i'm giddy, i just hope we get another 15 people paid soon...

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Tek said:
Hey that's the spirit. :rolleyes: People bitched and bitched about parts, now aftermarket companies are starting to wake up and make parts for the Red Lines and people want to take the cheap way out. This is a chance for people to show the aftermarket that there is a demand for parts for these cars. I'd be willing to bet you K&N filter on the stock piping will not provide as much of a power gain as a true intake system. The numbers will tell I guess.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hey guys I'm all for the group buy but. I can get it for a even lower price. Around $220 to 230 I should have a final price on it Tonight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts