Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all has them and did you notice anything from it? Did it make the S/C Sound better?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I have one, couldn't tell much... SEEMED like it was a tiny bit more responsive...

·
Registered
425 Posts
K&N Filter

I got one the big thing I noticed was the increase in gas mileage. There is a small difference in the soundbut only really at higher rpm's. I'm hoping when I get my CAI that there will be an noticeable increase in seat of the pants HP and maybe a little meaner sounding.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I also have a drop-in filter and personally, I really do not care what the SC sounds like.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone have the part number by chance for the drop in? everywhere i went said they didnt make one. Obvisously they do.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks man. I appreciate it alot. Anyone else know for sure? I dont want to get the wrong one.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
any power gains what so ever?

keith-

·
Registered
296 Posts
GaRsNoW said:
thanks man. I appreciate it alot. Anyone else know for sure? I dont want to get the wrong one.
I used the E-1009. Search around for the best price... I think I paid just a tad over $50 delivered. Also, you may want to get the cleaning/refresh kit (contains a detergent concentrate and the oil that you use to re-oil the filter after cleaning).

Installation warning: I found I had to remove the coolant hose to get the filter installed without bending/wrecking the filter or anything else, so have a coolant collector pan handy. Make sure you seat the filter and snug up the filter clamp real good.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sweet thanks a lot man. Im bummed now that i have to remove that coolant hose.

·
Registered
296 Posts
GaRsNoW said:
sweet thanks a lot man. Im bummed now that i have to remove that coolant hose.
You'll just need to remove one end and push it up out of the way. Not really hard to do, just a bit messy.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just found a post-it with the info where I got my K&N.... www.ajusa.com
Best price (incl shipping costs) that I found back a couple months ago when I got mine.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^ Thanks for the site. I went to autozone and it was 59.99!!!!! Unbelivable. Ill get the cai. Unless someone is selling their drop in filter. Ill gladly take that off of your hands

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I was able to pull the coolant hose far enough out of the way and did not have to remove it. You might try that before you bust out the buckets and take it off.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
agreed, im gonna find a way to do it with removing the lines

keith-

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I managed to do it too, just depends on what's easier for ya...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I managed to do it too, just depends on what's easier for ya...
Seems like everything is a pain in the %$ on this motor. I got mine in easier by
removing the ground strap that is also in the way. I just pulled the @#$
hose out of the way.

BTw since I have a dyno with the header----think it would be worth $60 to see what the k&n really does? Modern performance shows approx 4hp gain on their
website. I think it changes the sound and pickup, but then :cool: I just put it on last night.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts