Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlmen, I have a slight dilema that I would quickly like to clear up...Recently at my Saturn dealer, I just had my car updated and blah blah blah, I asked the service and parts department if they possessed any of the K & N Filters, if they had them at a competitive price I would have considered purchasing one there instead of going online. To make a long story short, they said the only thing K & N was coming out with was the CAI, which was a no duh to me, and that the filter was coming later. Does that make sense to anyone? And, does K & N currently possess a filter that will fit the stock RL?

Thank you and Semper Fi

·
Registered
26 Posts
The filter I used was the E1009. It is not listed for the Redline on the K&N site. But it is the same size and fits in the airbox.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Ditto! It's a universal filter, fits great.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
RobertsJR said:
how much of a performance gain did you notice with it?
I'm not sure, you can't really feel a high-flow filter. There does seem to be a bit more grunt down low, seems to let the supercharger noise out a litttle more, and I thought I could hear air sucking in too. I'd be making something up if I told you it gave me 5 horsepower or something. I've always considered them to be worth 1-2 hp. I buy them mainly for their everlasting nature, and it's a good reason to start opening the hood and poking around a bit, particuarly on a new car!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good on-line vendor that has a good price for the E1009?
TIA,
jmichna

[EDIT]www.ajusa.com has them for $53 with free ground shipping. Best I've found so far (free shipping, no state sales tax).[/EDIT] :)

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
yeah thats pretty good. I doubt you'll find better

keith-

·
Registered
681 Posts
Does anyone have a stock intake elbow they can sell me quick? I may be trading my Redline tomorrow and I butchered the original one...

Please contact me at [email protected] - thanks, Jim.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hey guys sorry but I can't find the instructions for Barry's intake mod. Could someone please direct me to them?
Sorry to go off subject. I just figured this would be the most relevant thread to post the question.
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts