Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put the realy expensive k&n kit on and holy crap its loud not to mention installation sucks. As far as power ahhhh maybe cant tell maybe more responsive. I'm going to get side to side with my wifes rl and see if mine pulls harder, they were pretty close before. By the way the kit runs the tube thru the airbox but I said crap on that and removed the box.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I been going back and forth on whether to get one.I think I will get a exhaust system then the K&N setup.It does look like alot of work to install are you sure removing the box was the right thing to do?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I know mods are still limited for you guys as of lately, but try and wait it out a bit until more mods become available. While the K&N filters are good and cost the same as the other "aftermarket hi-flow ones", the K&N induction kits are just way too damn pricey to justify themselves over any other kit. Again, I know nothing else is really available, but I'd wait it out for more products that aren't as pricey (for what they are and what they do) as the FIPK.

But reguardless, Sinister, definitely post up the results. I love watching these cars bring their times down.

·
Registered
754 Posts
We just are so happy to see anything come out for the RL that it is hard not to indulge in all the new toys for the RL.Your point is valid though.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chazb said:
I been going back and forth on whether to get one.I think I will get a exhaust system then the K&N setup.It does look like alot of work to install are you sure removing the box was the right thing to do?
Removing the box probably wasnt the smartest thing to do but it definatly looks alot cleaner.

·
Registered
391 Posts
with the group buy price down to $215 thats really not that bad considering my LT1 Trans Am cost $180 for that cheap plastic moroso intake, where the FIPK is nice polished aluminum.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Chazb said:
We just are so happy to see anything come out for the RL that it is hard not to indulge in all the new toys for the RL.Your point is valid though.
Trust me, I know exactly what you mean. When LS1 mods were still scarce, people were jumping on the first mods they could find reguardless of the price. But now with huge aftermarket support, there are mods out there that perform just as good, if not better, than the "popular, expensive ones" (with the same high quality too), and cost so much less.

I'm waiting for the "Redline Aftermarket Flood" just as much as you guys are. ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I was suppose to have my K&N CAI today but UPS Got lost or something today. Realy sucks I was ready to put it in tonight to....

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
what does FIPK stand for?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sorry motor mouth but the dancing kid is starting to freak me out, but it is funny.

·
Registered
786 Posts
MotorMouth said:
Fuel Injection Performance Kit
I respect many of your commentd ;) ;) ;) but i find the dancing kid so annoying, I often past up you comments.

It really annoying :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
150 Posts
LoungeLizard said:
I thin kit was money well spent. I gained .4 in the 1/4 mile with it.
Damn, if you improved nearly half a second on your E/T's with just a couple hundred bucks spent, then yes I'd say that's by all means money well spent! :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
Wow yea .4 seconds is A LOT for 200 bucks. My question though the FIPK whats all included sorry I'm kinda newb and this one has me was lost :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm heading to the street legal drags this weekend so hopefully we will find out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Does this intake sound the same as the removed airbox mod? or is it louder?

·
Registered
150 Posts
D3XXFR said:
Wow yea .4 seconds is A LOT for 200 bucks. My question though the FIPK whats all included sorry I'm kinda newb and this one has me was lost :confused: :confused: :confused:
All it really is, is the usual filter and tube/tunnel/pipe (whatever you wanna call it). K&N just gives it a big, sophisticated name to sound above the competition. ;)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is a pic of the kit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts